X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angie's List?

Do you use it with your business? What are the ups and downs?

Anyone use it as a consumer?

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Angie's List?

"Ups and downs"?

What kinda list is this?

And who the Hell is "Angie" and what does she do for a living??
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

I went as far as they want your money every month and I lost interest. I have found a little success with " The home fixers " you don't pay unless the get something. you may loose it to other guys but at least it is based on real calls. and you can set a limit I hope it keeps working

Comment

My roofer told me that if I signed up at Angie's List, his company had a $400 coupon there. So I did it and yes I did get the discount - they were competitive with the other high-end roofers to start with so the $400 helped.

I poked around at Angies List and decided the whole thing was worthless in general, though. When I need a referral I would rather get it from someone that I know and whose opinion I respect.

It's like the internet product reviews. Most of them are written by folks that don't have a clue or just got the thing they are reviewing, so the have used it for a day or two. I have no idea why people feel compelled to share their new-owner euphoria as a product review. It's not very useful.

Comment

The LONGEST running thread about this organization on the World Wide Web.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I found out today that this does not cost contractors only people looking for referrals !

Comment

Angie list is crapola! Now you guy got to watch your P's and Q's because you will be on a witch hunt if you mess up someone house. lol
              YOUR #2 IS OUR #1 BUSINESS

Comment

well I joined this thing a and have been on for maybe two weeks now still waiting for a call It seems just as bad as the phone book. So glad I started using home fixers and service magic man I would still be a stick in the mud.

Comment

Working...
                X