X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Team sponsorship

Have any of you sponsored a youth league, softball team, etc., and did you gain any business from it? The girls beach volleyball team of Devine Plumbing played and won their first game tonight. Look for the calender due out soon!
    Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Re: Team sponsorship

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
    Have any of you sponsored a youth league, softball team, etc., and did you gain any business from it? The girls beach volleyball team of Devine Plumbing played and won their first game tonight. Look for the calender due out soon!
    Sponsored a little league team once. No business really. No problem with that though, I really just wanted to help.

Was considering doing it again but I decided to change insurers and one of the qualifying questions to determine risk was-and I quote-

"Do you sponsor any sports teams?"

J.C.

Comment

i can see it as more of a "keeping the name in the public eye" more than traditional advertising. plus it's a nice perk for you and the community

steve
      In the never ending struggle to keep the water flowing.... The Poo Poo Cowboy rides again!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
        Sponsored a little league team once. No business really. No problem with that though, I really just wanted to help.

Was considering doing it again but I decided to change insurers and one of the qualifying questions to determine risk was-and I quote-

"Do you sponsor any sports teams?"

J.C.
        ditto

for those that have never read their liability insurance policy. i suggest you either read it or have an attorney read it for you. there are more ways to be liable and not covered than there are ways to be covered.

sponsoring a team is a no no on my policy too

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

Damn what would I get sued for?

I've done it many times over the years. I stopped, though.
          Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
            Damn what would I get sued for?

I've done it many times over the years. I stopped, though.
            Just guessing, you're name on the hats, banners, whatever could in some ways imply that it is your company's team. And that all actions of the team are therefore actions of the company.

Foul ball into Grandma's head. See you in court.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Just guessing, you're name on the hats, banners, whatever could in some ways imply that it is your company's team. And that all actions of the team are therefore actions of the company.

Foul ball into Grandma's head. See you in court.

J.C.
              amazing the world we live in

Comment

All of the participants do sign a release of liability form against the restaurant that hosts this, but we all know that with the right lawyer, those are worthless. I guess it is something that wasn't brought up on my liability insurance, and I never gave it a second thought. I guess I better talk with my agent. I don't want one of them cute girls to twist an ankle in the sand.
                Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Even if the participants sign a liability release, the spectators don't! Sad that our society is so lawyered up (F#%ked up) that this discussion is even taking place.

Comment

Ahh.

I've never actually sponsored "A" team other than a group of banner advertisements that either end up inside an indoor sports complex or string across a huge wall of fencing grouped with others.

As far as being primary sponsor?

Wearing my shirts, company name...I'll pass. I'd make them sign perfomance contracts (must win 90% of their games to protect my company name from unjust harm ) so I'm not like a company I know that only won 1 game out of their season, the rest were blowouts, half the time the team didn't qualify due to low turnout.

The economy taking a dump opened my eyes to minimizing my spending, controlling it far better from now on. My willingness in this design (sponsorships) is still a necessary element in broadening horizons of marketing, but I watch where the head counts are highest at this point, because the number of exposures is what makes the best impressions.
                    Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by Devine Plumbing View Post
                      We sponsor a local highschool. The boosters give out a lot of swag with the school logo and ours on it also things like towels, balls and little plastic megaphones. I think we have done it for about 7 years and I dont recall any jobs coming out of it. Not a good ROI but it is good for the community.
                      Cheers
                      DCT Siding

Comment

Working...
                      X