Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Successful people NEVER answer their phone.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Successful people NEVER answer their phone.

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    my private message box is full and won't accept anymore p.m's.

i guess i'm sucessful

rick.
    Check your PM box.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

I'm eating slices of cactus right now...can't answer the phone.

My take on this fellow, knowing I pay him so much a year right now?

I believe his statements narrow down to only a handful of business model designs. However, I prefer to never answer the phone and take the calls that new or existing customer has a vested interest in my company and is willing to wait for a response...to hell with the people shooting down the list.

But that doesn't mean I 'don't' answer that phone.

I'm a critical thinker, want fast forward answers and keep the socializing for when I'm in front of you charging, working. I can multi-task quite well.

Meetings have their place but I've seen some that just circle the wagons. When you're in a business with multiple degrees of partners and/or employees...orgainization is a must have.

But here is where the guy in the tshirt representing the huge company he has did his homework; posted a video that sounds bizarre enough where us the worker bees carry the message across the internet world in discussion, making his message ring like a bell at a bell tower.

There is no one clear cut, concise measure used in business that can easily paint with one brush across all types and levels, structures of business.

#1 way a business gets business? Customer contact. Don't answer the phone?

"We can all stand on a perch atop a high cliff and speak in monotone catering to those who listen." - Steve Nienaber
      Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        my private message box is full and won't accept anymore p.m's.

i guess i'm sucessful

rick.
        Yeah Rick, we got a guy at work who won't clear his voice-mail box so you can't leave him a voice-mail. I think our system maxes out at a hundred voice-mails.
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
          I'm eating slices of cactus right now...can't answer the phone.

My take on this fellow, knowing I pay him so much a year right now?

I believe his statements narrow down to only a handful of business model designs. However, I prefer to never answer the phone and take the calls that new or existing customer has a vested interest in my company and is willing to wait for a response...to hell with the people shooting down the list.

But that doesn't mean I 'don't' answer that phone.

I'm a critical thinker, want fast forward answers and keep the socializing for when I'm in front of you charging, working. I can multi-task quite well.

Meetings have their place but I've seen some that just circle the wagons. When you're in a business with multiple degrees of partners and/or employees...orgainization is a must have.

But here is where the guy in the tshirt representing the huge company he has did his homework; posted a video that sounds bizarre enough where us the worker bees carry the message across the internet world in discussion, making his message ring like a bell at a bell tower.

There is no one clear cut, concise measure used in business that can easily paint with one brush across all types and levels, structures of business.

#1 way a business gets business? Customer contact. Don't answer the phone?

"We can all stand on a perch atop a high cliff and speak in monotone catering to those who listen." - Steve Nienaber
          Precisely.

J.C.

Comment

Does this also mean that every person you see on a phone is a failure?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Does this also mean that every person you see on a phone is a failure?

J.C.

I suppose but

the guy in the tshirt representing the huge company he has did his homework

I wrote the above and I can't even understand what that means.

Yeah, he has did his homework.

Time to push the medications away from the mouth and pray for forgiveness. lol

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR PLUMBING View Post
                I suppose but

I wrote the above and I can't even understand what that means.

Yeah, he has did his homework.

Time to push the medications away from the mouth and pray for forgiveness. lol
                Yes, it did wreak of Kentucky Ebonics, but I got the point.

J.C.

Comment

It's not about not talking on the phone. It's about controlling who you talk to and when. Time is the single resource none of us can get more of.

Interesting comment about those that never return phone calls, no matter how important. It begs the question, with all due respect, "important to whom?". Every call is important to the caller, but may be well down the list to the recipient.

If a call is truly important to the recipient and he/she elects to not return it, then it's all a moot point because that person won't be in business much longer.

Comment

I ended up having to follow this model this year and I'm glad you posted it, because it really got out of hand with the call volume.

It made perfect sense, otherwise I'd spend half the day talking on the phone.

What I did is let all messages go to voicemail. Sometimes, I'd purposely let the voicemail fill up to see who was the most determined to get a hold of me.

If a call came in plumbing related, depending on the task, I'd purposely wait and give it a few hours, hoping they would of found someone else. Surprisingly the majority was patient and wanted me, no one else.

Granted, this was something I had to do this year given the time invested.

Originally posted by Andy_M View Post
                    It's not about not talking on the phone. It's about controlling who you talk to and when. Time is the single resource none of us can get more of.
                    Well stated, and that's where I had to follow this logic completely.

Next year is going to be even more insane, given that I've had a great year in business for #2 and #3 company. People are spending money and that's what I wanted, needed.

In regards to meetings:

I belong to a few associations in my community and trying to stop drop and roll to sit down and discuss anything at a meaning to me is not productive.

I've missed about 11 meetings since may between 4 different associations and even though they are pissed at me...I don't care. Send me the minutes, I can look over it and throw an opinion if it warrants it.

But it just seems soooooo inefficient in so many ways, even though I know they are needed. Make it a once a year meeting (not possible) and cram it into one. Would be nice.

My voicemail when people leave a message provides announcement to all 3 of my companies so it's not a "bad" thing, as it gets the names out there.

Comment

so that's where you've been hiding

summer's over, welcome back

rick.
                      phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                      X