X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: ticketed in the permit parking zone

Just be sure to get the names of everyone involved in turning this into such a big PITA for you, and put them in your little red book. Maybe some day it will be payback time when they call with a plumbing emergency.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

so i know everyone is on pins and needles waiting to hear the outcome from my day in parking court

had my appointment for 12:30. so i parked across the street at my bank as i walked to the corner of a busy street, a young lady with her hands full carrying lunch was waiting for the light too. i told her that i will push the cross walk button

now the rest of the story. i was 15 minutes early and went next door to get a soda. come back to the waiting room since they too are out to lunch till 12:30. well guess who walks in and greets me

the young lady that i pushed the cross walk button for turns out that she is one of the hearing officers. turns out she is the one to hear my case

i guess it didn't hurt to push her button don't know if i won or am a , but she seemed impressed with my homework. i managed to research the city municipal code and brought in the 4 page document of this particular code. i quoted the 1 sub-section pertaining to commercial vehicles that are there for work.

i'm not sure if she was aware of the code or just impressed with my research, but i think that was my ace in the hole.

so although i spent a few hours in the process to get my $55.00 refund, i think i learned something in the process and educated myself and others for the future.

i'll find out in 2 weeks the outcome and 4 weeks if the check is in the mail

moral is always be a gentleman and lend a hand, you never know who you might be pressing the button for

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

just opened the mail, i won i beat the system. now i just have to wait for the check to show up

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

yoe push JOJOs buttons all the time so does she let you off so easy
          Charlie

My seek the peek fundraiser page
          http://observatory.mountwashington.o...nal&fr_id=1040

http://www.mountwashington.org/weather/conditions.php

new work pictures 12/09
          http://public.fotki.com/hvachawk/

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            just opened the mail, i won i beat the system. now i just have to wait for the check to show up

rick.
            So glad you won. Send a copy to the precinct & officer that wrote the ticket.

Display it on the windshield whenever you work in that area again.

J.C.

Comment

actually jc, it's much more official than i thought it would be. at the hearing, they had a whole folder with my case/ ticket and email report in it. then the letter i got today is actually 2 pages.

the $55.00 ticket cost me a few hours of time off. and i'm sure the city will have a good 2 hours tied up in it too.

i think i will just keep the municipal code on the dash over my vin along with my business license when i park in the permit zones. the neighborhoods that border commercial districts typically have a permit parking zone. i would think a good 15% of my work falls into a permit zone. so with the hundreds of times parking in theses zones, i ticket isn't bad.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

rick.
                You have a good heart Rick.I like the way things happened for you on this one.
                The way she was put right there at the light to recognize the goofy looking guy with the thoughtful nature.
                Congrats Buddy.

Comment

Rick I would send a copy of the ticket to John and Ken, and then a follow up copy to that idiot mayor.

Our policy, especially in areas like Santa Monica, Down Town LA etc. is if we get a ticket we tack it on to the invoice. When they ***** hooo and hummm about it we tell them, no problem. We will move the truck to nearest non-permit parking zone and huff the equipment back and forth. The labor cost $95.00 bucks and hour. If we park two blocks away you can count on at least four additional hours. Instantly that $55.00 parking ticket is not so bad.

Comment

i went to appeal the ticket so i could either learn from it or teach them a lesson.

i guess i taught them a lesson

use to listen to jon and ken. even called in on a few occassion.

rick.
                    phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                    X