Flat rate multiple tasks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flat rate multiple tasks

I was just curious on how you flat rate guys price a job that involves multiple tasks.
    For example: When you arrive at the home to do a 2pc toilet tank rebuild and quote the H.O. let's say $175, they accept but also want you to repair the shower valve and snake the kitchen drain.
    In the price book it says repairing a Kohler shower valve is $260 and snaking a kitchen drain is $110.
    Do you add up the costs for all the jobs and thats the price? If so then the job which would probably take me 1.5 hours to 2hrs at the most to complete would cost $545. Which seems quite steep (in my area) for 1.5 hrs of work
    Or is each additional task discounted, and if so by how much?
    Also what if your price book quotes the 2pc toilet tank rebuild @ $175 which is based on 1hr labor plus tank bolts, flush valve w/ flapper, fluidmaster, s.s. flex connector. But when you look @ the toilet you see that the bolts are frozen solid and your going to have to cut them off and the angle stop is a one piece flex style.
    Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
    Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Re: Flat rate multiple tasks

What book are you using?

Comment

None yet. I am torn between flat rate and t&m right now. I am curious on how you would flat rate multiple tasks. Thanks!
      Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
      Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

My flat rate book is setup like this. I have Standard price, preferred price and add on price.

Lets say i install that 2 piece toilet. Stardard price is $175.00 for customer supplied toilet. Then the customer wants me to cable the lav sink. I then give the Add On rate (which is an automatic 30% off the standard price).

Now i also offer Service Agreements. I offer 1-3-5yr agreements. If a customer purchases one of those agreements, they automatically get preferred pricing over standard pricing. A 2 yr warranty on any part installed, no questions asked. Priority service, meaning if they call me nights, weekend or a holiday then i have to come out no matter what time it is. discounted price on parts and products, and a yearly plumbing and drain check up, which is really no big deal, just to make sure everything is draining and so forth.

Hope this helps
        The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Originally posted by Drain Medic View Post
          My flat rate book is setup like this. I have Standard price, preferred price and add on price.

Lets say i install that 2 piece toilet. Stardard price is $175.00 for customer supplied toilet. Then the customer wants me to cable the lav sink. I then give the Add On rate (which is an automatic 30% off the standard price).

Now i also offer Service Agreements. I offer 1-3-5yr agreements. If a customer purchases one of those agreements, they automatically get preferred pricing over standard pricing. A 2 yr warranty on any part installed, no questions asked. Priority service, meaning if they call me nights, weekend or a holiday then i have to come out no matter what time it is. discounted price on parts and products, and a yearly plumbing and drain check up, which is really no big deal, just to make sure everything is draining and so forth.

Hope this helps
          I forgot to add that my preferred pricing is a 15% discount off of the standard rate and the addon rate is a 30% discount off the standard rate. My book is set up with the Task number, the task, then the 3 columns of pricing. usually i get the service agreements sold when i show the customer the book and right away i get asked, "well how do i get preferred pricing?". I will let the customer read thru the book to keep them assured that these are the prices and there are no secrets. In my book i also keep all copies of my licenses and insurance papers, plus some photos of past jobs that i have done.
          The History of Sanitary Sewers Good site on the history of sanitary sewers and cleaners

www.thedrainsquad.net Our website

Comment

Working...
          X