X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Makes Me Sick

Does this happen where you are located? A guy sued over things like this recently but lost. Hope he or someone else sues again.

http://www.mineweb.co.za/mineweb/vie...ail&pid=102055

J.C.

Re: Makes Me Sick

Does what happen? What part of that story don't you agree with?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by BadgerDave View Post
      Does what happen? What part of that story don't you agree with?
      A state going the extra mile and putting forth effort to give a larger corporation roughly 40 million dollars in tax incentives & grants.

They are not doing the same thing for small business' and I believe that's a mistake. Look at it strictly if you were investing for yourself. Would you put 40 million dollars in 1 business or 40 thousand dollars in 1,000 businesses?

Plus neither scenario seems constitutional to me.

J.C.
      Last edited by BobsPlumbing; 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM. Reason: Phone

Comment

Yeah, something similar happened here about 25 years ago. The state, county and city gave big tax breaks to keep one of the main employers here, they employed about 20% of the city's workforce. They stayed until the tax break ran out then packed up and left. It was found out later that they were scaling back their operations here to just enough to qualify for the tax break, and were moving all other operations out under the cover of darkness so to speak. They moved to a southern state where they received the same kind of tax breaks and incentives as the article you reference did in NC. So they were taking it on both ends.

Anybody here on the radio over the weekend that Exxon/Mobil posted profits that were something like 50% MORE than last years record profits?

Sure makes you feel sorry for them don't it. A mere 50% bigger take than last years haul.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X