Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Invoicing

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
    You left out the part about standing on your paint bucket in front of their sink with a threatening open fly'd posture.
    I only use My Lil bucket and their sink if the check bounces!
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Invoices and Estimates Pro will NOT create a .PDF file within that system. So no emailing with my new computer.
      JC, there is third party software that you can install that will create PDF for you. The way they work is you "print" to the software as if it was a printer. A dialog box pops up asking you to create a filename and off you go.

If you have Adobe Acrobat installed (full version NOT the reader), you should have that capability also (print to a PDF file).

MS-Office 2007 and up have PDF file creation built in.

As an example of whats out there, heres one to look at but I have not tried it so can't vouch for it.

http://www.go2pdf.com/product.html
      ---------------
      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
      ---------------
      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
      ---------
      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
      ---------
      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I use Quick Books Online. I can access it from any computer and from a smart phone. It's the future so I started using it to get used to it. It's alot better than hand writing everything out.
        Will Rogers Plumbing
        Moore, Oklahoma
        (
        405) 323-2852

"Your Solution for Any Sewer and Drain Cleaning Needs"

"We Unclog Drains That Others Can't"

www.willrogersplumbing.com
        http://willrogersplumbing.com/?page_id=8

"Oklahoma's Favorite Plumbers!"

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          Rick, I already own it for about the same time. Most any new Windows computer will have Windows 7 or whatever comes next. Invoices and Estimates Pro will NOT create a .PDF file within that system. So no emailing with my new computer.

Talked with Nova Development today and they confirmed that this is true.

J.C.
          just installed my invoices version 10 on a brand new netbook with windows 7 and it works perfectly with emailing invoices.

only issue is version 10 is a totally different layout and will take time to get use to it.

version 9 is an easier format to work with.

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            just installed my invoices version 10 on a brand new netbook with windows 7 and it works perfectly with emailing invoices.

only issue is version 10 is a totally different layout and will take time to get use to it.

rick.
            Dosen`t it sh+t you when you up grade a program that you have become familiar with and they change the whole formate and you have to learn it all over again.

Tony

Comment

it does. it seems like they take 2 steps forward and 1 step back every year. i just need to keep playing with it at home before i go in the field with the new computer.

bought a new 12.1'' netbook with 2 gb ram and 320 h.d dual core. found it for 299 black friday. this will upgrade my 8.1 netbook that i use daily.

rick.
              phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                Dosen`t it sh+t you when you up grade a program that you have become familiar with and they change the whole formate and you have to learn it all over again.

Tony
                You mean like the move from MS-Office 2003 to Office 2007 and now 2010? They totally screwed up the menu system that everyone knew like the back of their hand. Now there is so much wasted time trying to find controls and commands that one could almost do blindfolded. Idiots at MS, I see nothing gained by these changes other than to frustrate users and a form of forced obsolescence for their older software. At work we are still using Office 2003 and there are no plans to replace it in the coming year that I know of, but I don't work in the IT dept. I have Office 2007 at home and DO NOT like it one bit.
                ---------------
                Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                ---------------
                “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                ---------
                "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                ---------
                sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

What I use to like about windows was they had the classic desk top where after you upgraded your operating system you had a choice not anymore I wished I had stuck with word 2003 as 2007 and now 2010 is a pain in the *** as far as paragraphs go and having to go through a procedure to set up every time you want to write a letter or email you would think the morons would put all there new bells and whistles in the back ground and give their customers a choice whether they wished to use them but leave the basic program ALONE.

Tony

Comment

rick.
                    It had something to do with the "bits" at the time. Glad it worked on your end.

I didn't have time to wait or work with it anymore. It would NOT work with a new laptop. Nova confirmed it. Goodbye Invoices and Estimates.

For now.....

J.C.

Comment

it does. it seems like they take 2 steps forward and 1 step back every year. i just need to keep playing with it at home before i go in the field with the new computer.

bought a new 12.1'' netbook with 2 gb ram and 320 h.d dual core. found it for 299 black friday. this will upgrade my 8.1 netbook that i use daily.

rick.
                      Hey Rick who makes that netbook?

Comment

hannspree. they have a wild looking store in beverly hills. amazing monitors and digital picture frame viewers.

the price was $100. better than costco when they had them on costco's website.

rick.
                        phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                        X