• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Invoicing

Which program, if any are you using?

Peachtree?
    Quicken?

Others?

My old Invoices & Estimates is not going to be updated to fully operate on Windows 7-64 bit. No good.

Thanks for any input.

J.C.

Re: Invoicing

I sold a few years ago but was using Quicken.

Some frustrating quirks, but basically it worked ok.

Comment

Good or bad, I don't know. But....

Office Depot has Sage Peachtree Pro Accounting 2011 for FREE after the rebate dance if anyone is interested. At least locally.

Good Luck.

J.C.

Comment

We still do ours the old school way with invoices from Nebs.

I want to do everything through the computer but the old man isn't having any of that.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
          We still do ours the old school way with invoices from Nebs.

I want to do everything through the computer but the old man isn't having any of that.
          Sometimes I think your old man is dead on right.

J.C.

Comment

i've been using "my invoices and estimates" for 9 years in the field and i update it every 2 years. i have every invoice and customer info from 2001 with me on my computer with no issues. i can access any database and report field.

for $40.00 it's very easy to learn and is not too overwhelming.

i now send email invoices from it and only print an invoice once in a blue moon for the old school computer illiterate customers.

i back up to another computer and external hard drive as needed. so far so good and unless you're doing payroll, no need for a high tech program.

you can download the program right from their site or buy the box version and pay postage. it's also available at most office superstores.

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
              i have every invoice and customer info from 2001 with me on my computer with no issues. i can access any database and report field.
              The only thing we do have on the computer is customer information and invoice totals for each year.

Other then that..it's writers cramp city for us.

Comment

i've been using "my invoices and estimates" for 9 years in the field and i update it every 2 years. i have every invoice and customer info from 2001 with me on my computer with no issues. i can access any database and report field.

for $40.00 it's very easy to learn and is not too overwhelming.

i now send email invoices from it and only print an invoice once in a blue moon for the old school computer illiterate customers.

i back up to another computer and external hard drive as needed. so far so good and unless you're doing payroll, no need for a high tech program.

you can download the program right from their site or buy the box version and pay postage. it's also available at most office superstores.

rick.
                Rick, I already own it for about the same time. Most any new Windows computer will have Windows 7 or whatever comes next. Invoices and Estimates Pro will NOT create a .PDF file within that system. So no emailing with my new computer.

Talked with Nova Development today and they confirmed that this is true.

J.C.

Comment

running windows xp with the netbook and all is ok.

did they plan on a fix in the near future?

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

running windows xp with the netbook and all is ok.

did they plan on a fix in the near future?

rick.
                    They didn't lead me to believe anything either way. No current patch, workaround, or if they were working on one.

Just kind of like-"We're sorry, you cannot create a .PDF file with the program when using Windows 7....."

B.S. pisses me off. You can't run this or that because you don't have the latest Windows OR Mac OS but then your other programs won't operate correctly because you HAVE the new OS.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                      Which program, if any are you using?

Peachtree?
                      Quicken?

Others?

My old Invoices & Estimates is not going to be updated to fully operate on Windows 7-64 bit. No good.

Thanks for any input.

J.C.
                      I been useing Quickbooks Accounting for the last ten years and haven't looked back I'm running a new Windows system 7, 64 bit computer and bought the new 64 bit Quickbooks which came out early this year but there are a number of different Quickbooks programs of businesses of all sizes, I also use Quicken for my personal banking shares and investments etc which it was originally disgned for.

Tony

Comment

We use Quickbooks Pro. Several of my suppliers use PeachTree.

The primary purpose for QBP is the fact we can get it cheap at Costco every year or so. Makes it affordable to keep it updated.

If you invoice by part numbers etc. its nice to be able to import all those parts from suppliers using delimited Text files, or ASC files.

Its a really poweful software if you take the time to learn it.

You can run payroll off of it, job costing, estimating etc...

Our CPA loves it because we can close out our books through it, create a file and send it to him. It makes it easier for him to generate corporate taxes from it.

Comment

I hand write invoices. Easier for me.

Comment

I write down a # on a piece of drywall. Glare at them in their kitchen until a check is cut.
                            Funny, My 4 brothers do the same
                            I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Originally posted by toolaholic View Post
                              I write down a # on a piece of drywall. Glare at them in their kitchen until a check is cut.
                              Funny, My 4 brothers do the same
                              You left out the part about standing on your paint bucket in front of their sink with a threatening open fly'd posture.

Comment

Working...
                              X