X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• critique my website

Any thoughts? opinions good or bad are both welcome.

And yes, I know the ads are ridiculous but that's to help fund the upcoming forum and some graphic design stuff and then they're gone.

http://www.idl-plumb.com
    Ideal Plumbing

Re: critique my website

honestly, you need to loose the ads. the site takes too long to load because of the ads and the ads are competing directly with you. they are advertising drain cleaning rates that are real cheap.

you also need to loose serving la county. la county is hundreds of square miles. concentrate on an area that you live and travel.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I'm not a plumber but I agree with Rick, it takes way too long to load. Also, I think your phone number should be on every page. Usually when a person needs a plumber they need one in a hurry and the phone number should kind of jump out at him.
      When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

I think you should think long and hard about NOT having a discussion board for DIY'ers. Are you in the business of making money, or are you here to give things away for free?

It's one thing to do it here on the Ridgid forum (National), but another when you have people in YOUR AREA looking to pick your brain about how to fix a problem for free on a discussion board you provide.

But setting up a discussion board on your company website will have potential customers coming to you for free information, so they can fix it themselves.

Giving Plumbing tips is one thing..but having discussions on how to fix something is another.

I didn't sacrifice a lot of long hours and training to become the Salvation Army to my customers...and I don't think you did either.

There is a reason why Plumbers need a license, and you worked hard and earned that title of being a Master Plumber for a reason.

Just my .02

Comment

Just looks like a beginning website. Keep at it.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post

And yes, I know the ads are ridiculous but that's to help fund the upcoming forum and some graphic design stuff and then they're gone.

Why are you advertiseing Australian plumbing businesses on your web site and what relivance are they to your business the best web sites are SIMPLE and TO THE POINT without the bells and whistles.

Tony

Comment

Good idea to have your meta keys on all pages but you may want to fix this one - los angeles plumbger, suggest you run spell check on your code pages as this will find content and code mistakes.
              Your server is way too slow and you will find that if a page does not load within 2 seconds most people will close it and move on. The server seems to be a bit faster this morning (about the third time I have tried accessing since you posted) with acceptable load times for all pages except the photos page. I would suggest you kill that page until you move to a faster server

Comment

Very nice design.

1 Get rid of Adsense. What's the point of advertising your site if you're giving away your potential customers away for pennies?

2. Make the phone number more visible. (put it lower on the page) It took me a while to find it until I scrolled up.

3. Putting the address on your main page might be a plus as well.

Originally posted by idlplumb View Post

Comment

as others said I agree to lose the adds and also put your # at the bottom of the screen also as for loading when I click on it the site loads right away no problems within 2 sec. for me other then that I still think its sharp
                  SMELLS LIKE $$$$$$ TO ME

Comment

I clicked on your website (I'm in Toronto) .....The funniest thing about the ads are they go AGAINST promoting your business! 3 of the links are as follows:"Stop Calling the Plumber" another is for "Orangeville Plumbing" and a third is for "Pin Hole Leaks in Condos?" You gotta STOP this NOW!

Comment

I agree with the others, adsense directly competes with your website and Google is getting real good at putting local business on with yours.

I had a customer actually call me and tell me that he bought a product from a Google ad on my site because he thought it was part of my site. I immediately removed the ads.

Otherwise, it's a very good looking page.

There is another local Google thing you can put your ad on so it will show up in your local listings. Can't remember what it's called right now, but it definitely helps get you business and it's free.
                      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

You need to yank the Google ads ASAP. You're going to pick up 10-20 cents a click from someone who would have been a paying customer.

You also need to add testimonials as quickly as possible. It's a strike against your credibility to even have the page if there's nothing on it.
                        Baton Rouge Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

It is just my Opinion, but on the "about"

Aram got his start in plumbing working with his father as early as age 10 - joining his father on jobs just to watch and learn the trade - he had a passion to learn and a love for the trade. Now at age 26, Aram is on his own, but still has that love for the plumbing trade that first caught his interest. Ideal Plumbing is Aram's dream - his very own plumbing company that will give him the opportunity to serve the entire Los Angeles area and make a difference.
                          I think I would drop this line, "Now at age 26, Aram is on his own" and possibly rephrase a little in the last lines, Or if you want to keep the age reference, may be changing it to earning his masters license at the young age of XX,

some thing like this,

"Aram got his start in plumbing working with his father as early as age 10 - joining his father on jobs just to watch and learn the trade - he had a passion to learn and a love for the trade. After many years of work Aram still has that love for the plumbing trade that first caught his interest. Ideal Plumbing is Aram's dream come true- Ideal plumbing has given him the opportunity to serve the entire Los Angeles area and make a difference."

~~~~~~
                          the line just above that paragraph, I would alter as well,

Corners are never cut and costs are never spared.
                          to some thing like this,

"Corners are never cut and quality is never compromise."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I am not trying to bash youth, but as some one who is some what older, If I was looking down some adds, and it says my plumber is only 26 years old, and I am looking at add "B", and they say they have been around since, 1984 or what ever, (knowing what I have learned in the last 35 40 years), I would be more comfortable to hire the older company, I realize that does not mean I will be getting the "Old man" coming to my door, but I know most likely even if a young person shows up to do the work there is some place to call to get advice, from the experenced, if necessary for the job, IF I know the "old senior plumber" is only 26, I may be concerned,

now in a few years (really after you hit 30-32) the youth thing is nearly a thing of the past, but for now you may have to battle it.

(I ran into much the same thing when I was starting out on my own),

like I said this is just an opinion, may be where you are this is not an issue,
                          Last edited by BHD; 01-11-2011, 12:16 PM.
                          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                          attributed to Samuel Johnson
                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                          X