X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not your fault?

I did a rubber shower pan that was water tested and passed insp. ( not leaking) 4 months after the customer moved in the pan starts leaking ABOVE the shower drain height. After 6 hours for 2 employees, water testing, capping water lines to shower etc. determined that none of the piping is leaking. Builder / no one will pay for the time. ??? My warranty is only items that are my responsibility.. ( second time for a shower pan with the same builder) been working for him for 15 years.
    Last edited by ToUtahNow; 02-08-2011, 10:46 AM.

Re: Not your faught?

i've installed a couple pvc liners and truthfully the liabilty is not worth it. let the tile guy or a hot mopper worry about it. even though it falls under our inspection.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by PlumberB7 View Post
      I did a rubber shower pan that was water tested and passed insp. ( not leaking) 4 months after the customer moved in the pan starts leaking ABOVE the shower drain height. After 6 hours for 2 employees, water testing, capping water lines to shower etc. determined that none of the piping is leaking. Builder / no one will pay for the time. ??? My warranty is only items that are my responsibility.. ( second time for a shower pan with the same buider) been working for him for 15 years.
      Bill the homeowner. Thats what I would do. They own the property that benefited from my labor so they infact received a service and service costs money. Let the homeowner sue the builder.

Comment

Originally posted by PlumberB7 View Post
        I did a rubber shower pan that was water tested and passed insp. ( not leaking) 4 months after the customer moved in the pan starts leaking ABOVE the shower drain height. After 6 hours for 2 employees, water testing, capping water lines to shower etc. determined that none of the piping is leaking. Builder / no one will pay for the time. ??? My warranty is only items that are my responsibility.. ( second time for a shower pan with the same buider) been working for him for 15 years.
        I don't know if I understand this. We test showerpans with 3"-4" of water. Typically have 8" rolled up on the wall.

What does "ABOVE the shower drain height" exactly mean?

Thanks.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          I don't know if I understand this. We test showerpans with 3"-4" of water. Typically have 8" rolled up on the wall.

What does "ABOVE the shower drain height" exactly mean?

Thanks.

J.C.
          Sounds like h put a test ball into the shower drain and then filled it up with water and determined the piping was not leaking but the pan is.

Comment

Show pan liners...........I hate em!! Such a headache

Comment

Unfortunately, unless he had a signed work order before he went to the house, I think this guy will never see any money from this job. Even then, it would be a fight to collect.

I have Rick's attitude toward shower liners. I let the tile people install them so I don't have to worry about the liability also.

Comment

I agree, the shower pan liners should definitely be the tile guys responsibility. In my career they always have been. I have heard that in other areas it is the plumbers responsibility.

Undermount sinks are usually the granite & stone guys responsibility here as well but I have started to mount them because it is earning me extra business from the stone & granite companies.
                Ray

“Wealth is the product of man's capacity to think.”— Francisco d'Anconia
                Atlas Shrugged (Part 2, Chapter 2, Page 411)

www.mauiplumbinginc.com

Comment

out here it falls under our plumbing code.

believe it or not, when i was doing new construction plumbing, the bathroom accessories were our work too. everything from towel bars to paper holder, grab bars, robe hooks.

rick.
                  phoebe it is

Comment

These liners are that bad ? I have never installed one what is the hassle? I have always sold and installed receptors .

Comment

Here in Nunya, it is covered by the plumbing code. All plumbers put in the shower pan. Unless a Schluter or other system is being done. Then it must be done by those trained and approved for it.

I put one in last week. Will it leak?!?!

J.C.

Comment

Hows the weather out in Nunya ?

Comment

Always sunny in my mind......

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by Clipper City Plumber View Post
                            These liners are that bad ? I have never installed one what is the hassle? I have always sold and installed receptors .
                            I dont have a problem with shower liners. The floor gets presloped, install the pan,water test it and have it inspected. Easy peasy

These people laying pans flat on the floor are my friend....the pvc liner sits in water causing stinky shower syndrome and it also rots the liner from all the bleach and cleaners people use to kill the smell. The liner will get very hard and brittle...snaps like raw noodles.

Comment

Noble Pro Slope , liner, test, done
                              ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Working...
                              X