X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-paid phone contracts

Finally looking at my phone bill and am seeing a monthly charge of 155 for me and the wif. I can save 75 a month by switching to virgin mobile and have a droid phone. Not seeing any disadvantages. Any opinions good or bad on prepaid phone contracts?
    Last edited by gear junkie; 03-14-2011, 11:56 AM.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Pre-paid phone contracts

who is providing the service? typically you buy the phone and they sell you month to month service. not sure about a free phone with no contract

let me know. i'm interested.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Pulled the trigger and got a LG phone from Virgin Mobile. I paid full price for the phone (on sale at Best Buy) but so far I like what I see so far. http://www.virginmobileusa.com/cell-...us-v-phone.jsp. This phone was rated higher on CNET than the iphone4.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

It is what I will go with next time. No more contracts for this kid. I have a few friends with prepaid phones and they seem fine. I use the prepaid virginmobile for my internet. This leaves a lot to be desired. but I'm not in a contract and it is inexpensive.

Comment

ben, virgin is run by sprint/ nextel. boost is nextels prepaid.

i went from nextel to boost thinking i was saving money and the same service. wrong they don't give you full access to all the cell towers. i was informed it's 50% of the towers with boost. not sure about virgin

let me know

rick.
          phoebe it is

Comment

I've got Virgin mobile prepaid for my cell phone and like the service and think that $7 is a real bargain.

Comment

Like the phone so far. 85 per month is the closest equivilant for att.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
                ben, virgin is run by sprint/ nextel. boost is nextels prepaid.

i went from nextel to boost thinking i was saving money and the same service. wrong they don't give you full access to all the cell towers. i was informed it's 50% of the towers with boost. not sure about virgin

let me know

rick.
                Which company are you with now?

Comment

Working...
                X