X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do it yourself tax software

Any thoughts on Turbo Tax and similar software for a home + business? BTW, not a licensed tax preparer. Should I go to a tax attorney forum?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Do it yourself tax software

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
    Any thoughts on Turbo Tax and similar software for a home + business? BTW, not a licensed tax preparer. Should I go to a tax attorney forum?
    What about the accountant you talked to last year.

Comment

Hasn't replied to 3 of my last emails. If I'm really going to give some the family's ssn, and every other important bit of information, they should at least inspire some kind of confidence.
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Used to do it myself, but it's better off getting someone from H&R Block. My accountant used to work for H&R, they tend to hire a lot of people that once worked for the IRS. The idea is that they'll have a better sense of what to claim deductions on without risking an audit.
        Baton Rouge Spray Foam Insulation

Comment

turbo-tax is amazing.....after you use it you may become the treasurer of the United states!

Seriously..I'd avoid an e-mail type tax accountant..you want to sit across a desk
          and speak to a real knowledgeable person who has experience in your tax needs!

If you have tried to contact an accountant three times and he does not reply..
          dump him as he has no interest in doing your taxes....

Talk to friends and other business folks in your area to locate a reputable accountant who can help you and your business all year around and can save you money in the long term.

Cactus Man

Comment

I use TaxCut, but only have W2, investments, and a very small amount of 1099 income. For a simple return, it is great because you can do it very quickly. It also helps to use the same package year-to-year so the import of last years tax data goes smoothly.

TaxCut is now called H&R Block, but don't know what exactly.

Comment

Working...
            X