How much to charge?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How much to charge?

Has anyone here ever heard of a plumbers charging three times what the going rate of a Journeyman plumber is? The plumber I worked for told me this maybe six years ago was this the normal practice ? Does anyone still follow this ? Just something I have wondered about. Thanks.

Re: How much to charge?

I am guess he was wrong no answers ?

Comment

i heard an electrician telling me this years ago.

not sure if it worked for him as he is now out of town in bills neck of the woods.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

Thanks for the input Rick looks like you and I are the only ones to have heard this based on the views.

Comment

That's a very Old School way of calculating overhead, cost of doing business and reasonable profit....for small to mid-sized shops with owners that don't like math

With these newfangled calculators and algebra being required in school, it's usually better to figure your own costs and decide how much you need to make based on projected # of billable hours for a given time period.

1 man shops are a different story as it's more about competition and the going rate in your area.

But, speaking from experience, it usually works out about that way for T&M shops....still do your own calculations though!

Comment

Working...
          X