X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fleecing Insurance Companies

Man I just can't seem to get a break..My liability insurance went up 17% ..Been with them for a few years now..No claims etc. Contacted my agent a couple weeks ago and told him to find out what the deal is ..Still no response and I have to renew in about 3 weeks..I am so pissed..Then my insurance for my co. truck went up %22..I went through the roof..Called them was told it's a rate increase throughout the state, blah, blah, blah..They asked if I had liability insurance through my LLC. ..Of course I do..Great! that will save you 80 something bucks..Big deal ..So basically it dropped from 22% increase to 13% ..Feel like telling em ' all to f*** off

I feel better now ..had to rant
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Fleecing Insurance Companies

it's a game they all play. they string you along until the very end and you're stuck. no one wants to give you a quote until 30 days from renewal.

i go through it every year and every year i feel like you do.

i've been with a number of companies just for this very reason.

no claims, no sub out cost, no additional insured. all i need is a rate renewal quote and they screw you around.

a number of years back an insurance broker forged my signature on some forms and i knew nothing of it until time for renewal. i came unglued and was real close to suing him.

all in all, these brokers are nothing more than used car salesmen.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Oh yeah they suck ..Was told due to the heavy amout of claims by everyone else ..I have to eat some of the cost..That's bs..Of course the people who have made claims are really getting bent over ..Was also told hey it's just the cost increases of doing business...I had a friend I grew up with call me for about a year straight trying to get my business(whole family is in insurance) promised no audits etc. Decided to stick with who I have been dealing with since they had been treating me fair ..BIG mistake..What I have been told is to switch companies every couple years , that way you get the best deals..But I figure the longer you spend with one co. the better reputation you should be building thus keeping your cost down .Guess it doesn't work like that with insurance..It just pisses me off ..Sorry had to rant some more
      ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Tell your Broker you are contacting other Brokers to put your business out to bid & do it. You will find a Broker who will find the best carrier for your business. There are many ways to save on insurance & if your Broker wants your business & is good they will find them. My companies just renewed april 1st & all stay the same or went down. My Broker knows I shop every year & that I'm very CHEAP, so he makes sure I get best price. I haven't had to change carriers in 3 years.

Comment

Tell us your broker.I'm in need of one.Thanks.

Comment

Working...
          X