Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business Good?

Is your revenue staying the same?

Is your market share increasing, decreasing, or staying the same?

Just taking temperature of the industry....

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Business Good?

Im in canada for starters, and only been self emplyed for 3 years but if i hadnt jumped into service as i did last year id be going hungry id say theres about a quarter as much new builds as two years ago but renovations are definerly on the rise. "i contribute this to availability of contractors" two years ago you couldnt find a reputable builder that wasnt booked solid. Now theres lots to get prices from and the homeowner has the choice of who to hire. Id say my revenue is higher do to the fact my rates higher and i usually make more on a day of doing service then new construction. Hope this helped, sean

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
      Just taking temperature of the industry
      ...so that's what I feel.

Last month was the worst in 37 yrs. of being in business.
      No new construction, a few remodels, service is way down.
      We've all taken cuts, trimmed the excess fat, keeping our heads above water.
      The bad thing is that there is no hope in sight.
      I'm doing course work to get recertified as a waste water plant operator,
      just as a back up. Life goes on.

Comment

Last year was definitely better than this year so far.

Service calls are down this year, and more and more tire kickers calling.

Comment

Hurting pretty bad here so far this year. Good thing heating season is coming soon.

Comment

Originally posted by plumberscrack View Post
            Hurting pretty bad here so far this year. Good thing heating season is coming soon.
            It's weird, the first day of cold day of every fall, we get flooded with calls.

Comment

Better then last year, but I've sold $50,000.00 less in DC water valve casings.

Comment

Pretty much the same for me , steady service calls and a big job I scored this summer is just finaled out.Thank God it's going to be cold this winter ..So I guess I'm surviving ok.
                ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  Pretty much the same for me , steady service calls and a big job I scored this summer is just finaled out.Thank God it's going to be cold this winter ..So I guess I'm surviving ok.
                  So if you're in touch with the big man upstairs I'd love an early cold snap. A week in the 40's would be great around the second week of September....THANKS!

Comment

So if you're in touch with the big man upstairs I'd love an early cold snap. A week in the 40's would be great around the second week of September....THANKS!
                    I'll have a chat with ol' man winter and see what we can do ..But you know with all this global warming and such we probably won't make it outta the 70's this winter
                    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

still growing actually. Hiring another service guy, never stopped looking for qualified new construction guys. we've always kept the service crew small enought hat we were swamped, so we never really had time to sell incidentals. hoping hiring the new one helps us make some addon sales.

business is Really good.
                      No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Originally posted by MoJourneyman View Post
                        still growing actually. Hiring another service guy, never stopped looking for qualified new construction guys. we've always kept the service crew small enought hat we were swamped, so we never really had time to sell incidentals. hoping hiring the new one helps us make some addon sales.

business is Really good.

Great to hear some positive news. Same Day Drain Service will soon be three trucks and four men strong. Business has never been better now that we have a strong focus. Baby Devine will be here in about 3 weeks, so I will be taking some time off and staying at home taking phone calls and working on marketing strategy. Our first round of door hangers will be going out this week offering any drain cleaning for $99. Ducking and dodging inspectors was no way to run a business. Hopefully in another three years we can branch back off into a full-service plumbing company.
                        Last edited by Devine Plumbing; 08-22-2011, 11:14 PM.
                        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

Working...
                        X