X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Other Business

Do you own or participate in another business?

I'm thinking starting a retirement home for strippers.

Called "Hang Up Your Heels".

J.C.

Re: Other Business

How about a adult toy resale shop called Play With it Again
    Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
    A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
    Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
    Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

You guys...

I don't own a second business, yet anyway. I am looking into a different ave though. Laying tile is hard on the body, so looking for different avenues to make cash.

Comment

Always wanted to have a Cigar Lounge, as the shops around here can be beaten. I have the dream in my head, but have to make it a reality...timing isn't right yet.

Also always wanted to open an Italian butcher shop, as there is only 1 in my area, unless I go down to the city. The cut of meats I get from this italian butcher beats any supermarket in the tri state area. What do you guys know about a Ribeye (sliced thin) grilled in olive oil and served on a Kaiser roll with long italian hot peppers? Yummy!

Comment

I've wanted to open a restaurant for a while now. I have a unique idea for one, but no idea how to materialize it. I have no money to invest in the project and haven't a clue as to where to start.

Comment

I just purchased a top of the line vinyl cutter and software program. So if anyone needs vinyl lettering, graphics, company logos, etc. please let me know. There are literally hundreds of different types of vinyl to make your graphic stand out. Everything from brushed chrome, metallics, diamond plate, standard colors, are available. I now have the capability to make graphics as large as 30" x any length desired. As I redo my vehicles I will be adding some pictures for those that are interested.
            Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I'm active in the recycling of scrap metal.
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Hopefully, your own.

Comment

LOL, of course. Actually I dumpster dive on base and collect cans and plastic bottles. Probably make a couple hundred a month.
                  Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

I also do lots of salvage and scrap, my rental cabin was almost uninhabitable when i purchased it in o7 know my renter almost covers the mortgage. I fixed it up with almost all salvaged materials. Left over hardwood floors from a job left over hardy board left over fir tongue and groove a bathtub that a customer bought a left hand needed a right hand...you get the picture. When teardowns are gona happen i get permission to reclaim the wiring and copper and brass. Usually pays for a few tools a year. I also do tons of trades, yesterday got a free cast iron port hope 5' antique tub enamal is in great shape was gona go to dump last one i had got 400 bucks out of... Im always looking to make a buck here or there on somebodys "garbage" but thats not really busisness just kinda like wheeling and dealing. I always grab any copper or brass i see when i take my garbage to the dump. My last copper run to the scrap bought me a 8 peice makita cordless set grinder sawzall make scrap easy....

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                      I've wanted to open a restaurant for a while now. I have a unique idea for one, but no idea how to materialize it. I have no money to invest in the project and haven't a clue as to where to start.
                      (this comment is not meant to be derogatory towards you)

Your answer fits perfectly the mentality of the majority of people I have done work for in new restaurant start ups for the last 30 years. Explains why the national average failure rate for restaurants has consistently stood at 80% within the first 18 months.
                      Last edited by Watersurgeon; 09-11-2011, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Thinking about hanging up my pipe wrenches and becoming a limo driver for foreign dignitaries.

I'll get to drive like a maniac, park anywhere without persecution and dine at all the exclusive restaurants...pretty sweet deal

Comment

Speaking of scrap metal. Just this am, two guys were seen by the owner of a building stealing his a/c's. Cops called and the chase was on. Bad guys started shooting at the cops. They are now in jail. No one hurt. Charges piling up for more than theft now.

Comment

In Vancouver and a lot of the bigger centers here were having that problem to it really sucks one it drives the prices of scrap way down and costs thousands to the people who are ripped off bye these clowns.. and gives a bad name to people who do scrap.. in my town the hotels gutters and downspouts are copper probally wouldn't last long in other places.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
                              Originally posted by Watersurgeon View Post
                              (this comment is not meant to be derogatory towards you)

Your answer fits perfectly the mentality of the majority of people I have done work for in new restaurant start ups for the last 30 years. Explains why the national average failure rate for restaurants has consistently stood at 80% within the first 18 months.
                              I agree 100%. I can't tell you how many times I have seen couples borrow against everything they own to open a restaurant, ice cream parlor, yogurt store or whatever else just to loose it all within 2-years. There is a whole lot more to being successful than serving an appealing dish.

Mark
                              Last edited by ToUtahNow; 09-11-2011, 01:22 PM.
                              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Working...
                              X