Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Work Attire Discussion

[QUOTE=Flux;359185]
    Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post

Rick, if I saw someone wearing crocs, i think I would lose it.
    What are crocs?

I wear denim jeans or Dickies carpenter pants and light grey t shirts in the warmer months and sweat shirts in the colder months.

We had company uniforms up until 2 years ago, budget cuts.I didn't care for them. Polyester cotton blend clothing is cold in the winter and hot in the summer.

Comment

Wearing the proper cloths when working is just common sense as they also protect you from unforseen events and as you get older and all those archs and pains start and you wish you had worn those overalls or pants with the knee pads build in you wouldn`t clear a sewer without using the proper glove or grinding metal without eye propection I have also found that wearing an inner sole in my boots to support the arch on the soles of my feet has stopped a lot of my back problems which was really bad a couple of years back

Tony

Comment

[QUOTE=James P;359218]
        Originally posted by Flux View Post

What are crocs?

I wear denim jeans or Dickies carpenter pants and light grey t shirts in the warmer months and sweat shirts in the colder months.

We had company uniforms up until 2 years ago, budget cuts.I didn't care for them. Polyester cotton blend clothing is cold in the winter and hot in the summer.
        James, these are crocs pictured below.
        Attached Files

Comment

BTW, crocs are so comfortable you don't care how ugly they are.
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Sorry I do ...wouldn't be cauught dead in those .just my .02
            ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

[QUOTE=Flux;359241]
              Originally posted by James P View Post

James, these are crocs pictured below.

These are girl shoes. Ho Chi Mins are about as close as I come to wearing something like these, but not to work in.

I run into guys at supply houses that dress like bums. tatoos, braided goatees, piercings, strung out on meth. No way I'd let these degenerates on my property.

Comment

I was not strung out on meth!
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                  Let me throw a grenade into this thread...

If a Plumber came to my house wearing shorts, I would throw him out and call someone else.

Plumbers are NOT suppose to be wearing shorts, and we have 1 guy here who wears sandals with the shorts!

Flame away!

The man makes the clothes, the clothes don't make the man.

I am wearing shorts right now, and will tomorrow at work. Assuming it is warm tomorrow that is. Only time I wear pants during the summer is on a crawl job or something with digging involved.

Clothes are like tools. Why wear pants during hot weather when you are infinitely less comfortable in them, and have nice legs?!

Seriously, shorts are fine. Pants are fine. If you like it and feel/look good in it, then wear it. So long as it is safe.

We have a apprentice that wears jeans errrrday. The same pair no lie. They have every colored stain amongst a ground in dirt backgroud. they look hideous. But, he is a great helper and no one says anything. But me, i make fun of him all the time.

I tend to prefer shorts or pants with cargo pockets on them nowdays though. Always nice to have 67 pockets so I can lose stuff and find it when I pull the wash out of the dryer!

Comment

a $25,000 study was conducted that says most people feel that a white work shirt with name badge and black pants are what they feel a professional plumber would look like.. I think if you want to be perceived as a professional, you would be wise to listen to the study. Many flat rate shops find succes with these types of studys. I dont think dress clothes make or break a deal but I do believe it makes a difference in what you can charge.

Comment

Originally posted by money in jetting View Post
                      a $25,000 study was conducted that says most people feel that a white work shirt with name badge and black pants are what they feel a professional plumber would look like.. I think if you want to be perceived as a professional, you would be wise to listen to the study. Many flat rate shops find succes with these types of studys. I dont think dress clothes make or break a deal but I do believe it makes a difference in what you can charge.
                      Go away please. Your posts sound more and more like flat rate spam. My $0.25 survey of my hundred of customers finds that my jeans and dickies work shirt (or t-shirt in the summer) is very acceptable. If A white shirt in the trades? Really?

Comment

Working...
                      X