X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clipper City Plumber
    started a topic charge for tools ?

charge for tools ?

Just wanted to know how you charge for tools pro press or torch? Do you figure this into hourly rate, fitting or material charge or a tool charge ?

• littleprincess
    replied
    Re: charge for tools ?

I think it's being charged per hour, isn't it?

Leave a comment:

• Gettinit
    replied

I charge for many tools so I can keep the hourly cost down. Why put it all in the overhead to make everybody pay? Either in the open or through the back as long as you charge.

Leave a comment:

• Flux
    replied

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
    joey's ins. paid after her deductible was met.

the numbers they charge are a joke. joey's brother reviewed the line items and couldn't believe the numbers compared to what they charge at his hospital. the markup was staggering.

rick.
    I hear ya Rick!

I was in shock when I received my statement from my insurance company. I'm glad insurance companies dictate what they are going to pay to these hospitals, cause I was responsible for 10% of the total bill the insurance company paid.

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

joey's ins. paid after her deductible was met.

the numbers they charge are a joke. joey's brother reviewed the line items and couldn't believe the numbers compared to what they charge at his hospital. the markup was staggering.

rick.

Leave a comment:

• AFM
    replied

phoebe was 42k not including the doctors bill. just the hospital / labor and delivery billing. but it was itemized. talk about markup and overhead.

rick.
    Is that out of your pocket or did you health insururance pay for it

Tony

Leave a comment:

• Flux
    replied

phoebe was 42k not including the doctors bill. just the hospital / labor and delivery billing. but it was itemized. talk about markup and overhead.

rick.
    For my recent nose surgery, the hospital billed $25,000 for me being there a total of 2 hours, and that didn't included the doctor or anesthesiologist.

Leave a comment:

• ArizonaPlumber
    replied

rick.
    Rick,
    You are just getting started. I suggested you start raising your rates to try and get ahead of this parenting game. You have a long way to go, and a short time to get there, (Jerry Reed).

Leave a comment:

• PLUMBER RICK
    replied

rick.

Leave a comment:

• SlimTim
    replied

As Flux alluded to, have you seen a hospital bill lately? They charged for the tv which I didn't watch and the kleenix which I didn't use. Just put it in your overhead please.

Leave a comment:

• Flux
    replied

Originally posted by Cuda View Post
    What I hate is giving a bid for a job and as an example, I bid it in my mind with using a mole and compressor to save man hours trenching, and restoration afterwards. Job gets done and I am asked for a detailed bill. I think " it's 7k like I bid but ok" write it out detailed and get questioned on the mole charge, "well I think you could have had laborers dig it for much less" then I explain about how the restoration would have added many hours plus my time to oversee the laborers (you wouldn't want them not supervised would you?) The customer then pays with a little reluctance. Point is sure specialty tools save man hours but they cost a lot of money to buy and maintain, some tools take years to get to break even point they are a gamble that can or can not pay off. And also if I bid a certain price and the mole can't do the job for whatever reason and I have to resort to digging I have to stay to my bid and that can ruin the whole job profit wise. I usually don't have to go through this with my customers but every now and then it happens and it just yanks my chain.
    Yea once in awhile we get the occasional customer who wants a "detailed" bill.

We give them a detailed bill, but it's written in a way so they can never come back and "try" to negotiate. Our prices are not negotiable and that's that.

Btw..you should of see the bill for my nose surgery! I never again want to hear consumers or contractors complain about pricing...I was in total shock!

Leave a comment:

• Cuda
    replied

What I hate is giving a bid for a job and as an example, I bid it in my mind with using a mole and compressor to save man hours trenching, and restoration afterwards. Job gets done and I am asked for a detailed bill. I think " it's 7k like I bid but ok" write it out detailed and get questioned on the mole charge, "well I think you could have had laborers dig it for much less" then I explain about how the restoration would have added many hours plus my time to oversee the laborers (you wouldn't want them not supervised would you?) The customer then pays with a little reluctance. Point is sure specialty tools save man hours but they cost a lot of money to buy and maintain, some tools take years to get to break even point they are a gamble that can or can not pay off. And also if I bid a certain price and the mole can't do the job for whatever reason and I have to resort to digging I have to stay to my bid and that can ruin the whole job profit wise. I usually don't have to go through this with my customers but every now and then it happens and it just yanks my chain.

Leave a comment:

• ArizonaPlumber
    replied

Originally posted by Cleanmen2 View Post
    Sometimes the consumers dont need to know. What gets me in the neck is the Weekend Warrior experts who look at your work after and use the "shoulda done this and shoulda done that and i woulda done this " etc etc etc.
    When it comes to tools there is no discussion. Take a $7k investment in the Viega pro-press. I wouldnt give that away for nothing. We have the tools, the knowlege and the expertise. WHere is the problem with reward for service and equipment
    Not a damn thing!

Leave a comment:

• Cleanmen2
    replied

Sometimes the consumers dont need to know. What gets me in the neck is the Weekend Warrior experts who look at your work after and use the "shoulda done this and shoulda done that and i woulda done this " etc etc etc.
    When it comes to tools there is no discussion. Take a $7k investment in the Viega pro-press. I wouldnt give that away for nothing. We have the tools, the knowlege and the expertise. WHere is the problem with reward for service and equipment

Leave a comment:

• richinflorida
    replied

As stated, the customer pays for everything in the end. As far as how it's invoiced... The more you break things down and the more detailed the bills get, the more you risk the customer being unhappy about something or picking out one thing he doesn't agree with in the bill. Here's what we did, that's what we used, you see the quality of our work, this is the end price. Are you happy with it? Great! As a rule, I do not give great details on invoices. You may disagree, but it's worked well so far for me.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X