X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Certificates of Insurance

Customer lives in a co-op in the city. I must provide her with proof of insurance. Told her I need to have a certificate made out to whoever as the certificate holder.Property owner co-op etc.She says.. No just show me something ..No you need to let me know who my insurance company needs to make the certificate out to..HUUUU exhausting..
    ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Re: Certificates of Insurance

don't get proof of insurance confused with additionally insured.

if all they are asking for is proof of insurance, then just xerox your insurance cover page that shows your limits and coverage, number and dates.

i rarely ever give additional insured, but proof of insurance i do from my fax machine or computer.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

Over here they all want insurance but dont want to pay the price for such. Mind you our Insurance policy covers............... We are not really sure actually. Now you might think this is strange but just ask Tony AFM, he will back me.

Comment

We just have our insurance company fax over a copy to whomever asks for it.

Comment

Gotta call my insurance co. 24 hrs. later and still no certificate. All they have to do is email the damn thing !!!!!
          ''Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy" Benjamin Franklin

Comment

If you have a broker you deal with directly call him/her up, not the insurance underwriter. Tell the broker you need an Accord form filled out by them and emailed to you. This is all you need once a year for 90% of your customers. Our broker sends us one every year when the policy renews, along with a complete copy of the policy. Generally the only time you need an additionally insured is when you do new construction, usually the owner or G.C. wants there names on it to cover liability. Our big national hotel chains, military and D.O.D. contractors we work with all require it, annually. I have never had a home owner ask for one, frankly 99.99% of them would not even know they could ask for it out here on the west coast.

Comment

I am an Independent Agent and issue Acord 025's all the time for my commercial accounts. It usually only takes a day or so to issue them. They are usually issued in the name of of a company or private party. I don't give my customers un-endorsed 025's but if they want I will email copies to them. It is part of my job as far as I am concerned. I have some accounts with over 100 cert's on file.
              Charles

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                Gotta call my insurance co. 24 hrs. later and still no certificate. All they have to do is email the damn thing !!!!!
                Big city Plumbers
                Its nice to be in a small town
                You call and its done

Comment

Originally posted by OLD1 View Post
                  Customer lives in a co-op in the city. I must provide her with proof of insurance. Told her I need to have a certificate made out to whoever as the certificate holder.Property owner co-op etc.She says.. No just show me something ..No you need to let me know who my insurance company needs to make the certificate out to..HUUUU exhausting..

Does this have anything to do with bustin' open 8" city mains with your K-Silly ???

I'm just askin'................

Comment

My agent/broker has a girl in the office that expedites cert. of insurance and other time sensitive docs and numbers full time. She is the reason that I have not changed agents/carriers in the last 5 years. There is plenty of competition in the insurance business. Cheapest is rarely (if ever) the best route IMO. You get what you pay for. My dad found that out the hard way years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by NW Diver View Post
                      . I have some accounts with over 100 cert's on file.
                      So what happens if the account expires for non-payment or something, are the receivers of the acord notified that the holder is no longer covered?

I ask because my ins went through the roof awhile back and I found out I was being charged for every request for additional insured. Why they request additional insured is beyond me but I'm thinking it's because they will be notified if my ins is canceled during the year????
                      INSIGHT PIPE is now Maine Drain Serving most of ME with no charge for travel! 207-431-6232 is nolonger a working # our NEW # is 207-355-1476
                      Sewer main snaking (roto rooting). Sink clogs. Sewer backup. Pipe inspection/locating. No Dig trenchless repair. Root clog removal.We are NOT to replace your local Plumber, as we do not do plumbing. WE ARE YOUR DRAIN CLEANING EXPERTS!!! www.sewermaine.com waterville winslow bangor augusta skowhegan fairfield pittsfield oakland

Comment

Yes they are notified, usually within 10 days. Your second questions is something else. Some companies charge for each "Additional Insured" endorsement that they issue. I tend to not use those companies if I can avoid it. Most of my better markets offer an endorsement where there is unlimited "Additional Insured" endorsements at no charge. You may talk to your agent and ask him if he has any other markets that do not charge for them.

As for the why everyone that is asking for an "Additional Insured" endorsement, I agree that it is crazy. Everyone whats someone Else's insurance to pay the claim. In my mind it is just a Merry go Around with everyone being covered by the person in front.

Hope this helps.
                        Charles

Comment

Working...
                        X