Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• checks and balances

boy do i feel stupid

but i caught my mistake minutes before i had to do some serious explaining.

long story short. phoebe dropped a note pad behind my night stand. in my attempt to grab it, i found 17 un-deposited checks approximately $3300.00 dated from april and may 2011.

called my bank to see if there is a time limit and as long as they are not marked void after so many days, they are fine

so 2 of them were only good for 60 days and i figured i would call them and deposit the rest.

when i got home tonight and on the computer it hit me for a short time i tried doing deposit by photo. i snap a photo front and back from my smart phone and it gets deposited to my account.

so literally 5 minutes before my bank closed, i called them and told them my mistake. fortunately i deposited all the checks on 1 deposit slip so it was simple to have them reverse the entire transaction. along with the $90.00 cash back and the 100.00 deposited into another account.

by the time i got off the phone with my bank, the computer already showed the reversal.

so i couldn't figure out why i had all these checks and now i know why.

glad i didn't have to explain to the court system why i tried to deposit their $18.40 check for jury duty a second time.

it was all phoebe's fault

rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: checks and balances

What will do do when You reach My age , KID ?
    I can build anything You want , if you draw a picture of it , on the back of a big enough check .

Comment

Now let me get this straight you misplaced 17 cheques to the value of around $3000.00 for eight months and no clients phoned to ask why you hadn`t chashed them and you didn`t realise you hadn`t missed them as I have said before you must have money to burn living in that condo you made the milk shake on the roof in that video

Tony

Comment

actually, i had already deposited them with my smart phone. you snap a picture front and back and the app deposits them into your bank account.

the problem was that i was saving the checks and had them clipped together. when i found them 8 months later, i forgot why i had them and that i already deposited them.

i only used the phone app for a short period of time and stopped using it as it was more hassle than it was worth.

i only work at that condo for the last 16 years.

rick.
        phoebe it is

Comment

" Huh sorry Mr. Smith I didn't mean to charge you twice" That would have been fun to explain, you got Lucky Rick Catching that in time lol
          Seattle Drain Service

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
            actually, i had already deposited them with my smart phone. you snap a picture front and back and the app deposits them into your bank account.

the problem was that i was saving the checks and had them clipped together. when i found them 8 months later, i forgot why i had them and that i already deposited them.

i only used the phone app for a short period of time and stopped using it as it was more hassle than it was worth.

i only work at that condo for the last 16 years.

rick.

I want to hear more about this app that you can take photos of cheques and deposite them in ones bank so that I can get it as I have never heard of it before so what is this app called as I would like to find out more about it

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              Now let me get this straight you misplaced 17 cheques to the value of around $3000.00 for eight months and no clients phoned to ask why you hadn`t chashed them and you didn`t realise you hadn`t missed them as I have said before you must have money to burn living in that condo you made the milk shake on the roof in that video

Tony
              You didn't get it straight. He already had deposited them, just not physically.

Comment

depending on your bank, it's a service and app they use.

too much hassle and they limit the deposits to $1000. a business day, ok.

but $2000. a month

i challenged them to those numbers and actually won my battle. the fine print stated per account. told them i had multiple accounts and after a few calls and 1 visit to my branch they gave in.

too much hassle to make it worth it. takes multiple attemps to make it go through.

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

Rick do you work in the Accts. Pay. dept of one my customers, because they sent me (2) exact same checks today for the same bill. They print their own checks that are those envelope & check in one things. That you need a super secret decoder ring to open.

Comment

Working...
                  X