Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse

How To Post Images

Want to know the how to upload images to your posts? Image Posting Tutorial
See more
See less

My days of dealing with my old money pit 2000 chevy 3500 are over!

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My days of dealing with my old money pit 2000 chevy 3500 are over!

My wife and I went out looking at vans last weekend and checked out the Ford transit connect and Nissan NV 2500 . The transit was way too small but cheap and the Nissan seemed more like a real plumbing van and they ran our credit at the Nissan dealer and we got approved ! However we decided then that we wanted to wait and do our taxes to see if we would owe and see if we could fit the NV in our budget . We did our taxes and we don't owe and are getting a refund so we can pay off some credit cards I got when we started and can afford the van! Now we got it ! I have to take it in on Monday to get shelves and the partition installed Nissan offers this with purchase of the van. The model we got is the NV 2500 4.0 6 cylinder high roof with technology package. I will load some pictures soon.

Re: My days of dealing with my old money pit 2000 chevy 3500 are over!

very nice van and great choice.

it's a clone to the sprinter minus the diesel engine. one of the designers use to work for sprinter as a designer.

i too would have chosen the nissan if it was avaliable when i bought my sprinter.

just saw them again at the trade show 2 weeks ago.

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

I just cant get myself to like the front end of those things... just looks "off" for some reason. Congrats though, I really want to replace my 01 2500 Dodge Cummins w/305k miles on it, but just cant afford to at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by Alphacowboy View Post
        I just cant get myself to like the front end of those things... just looks "off" for some reason. Congrats though, I really want to replace my 01 2500 Dodge Cummins w/305k miles on it, but just cant afford to at the moment.
        Why? If you changed the oil in it like you should and did not abuse it, I would fully expect another 200k out of the motor.
        We don't have preventative maintenance around here, we have CRISIS MANAGEMENT!

Comment

MB, its not the engine I'm worried about... LOL

Comment

I think the bigger front is an advantage since its more like a truck and not cramped like a van is .

Comment

Congrats on the new truck dude!

If I had a place to park a high roof vehicle, I would have gone with the Nissan too. I'm limited to a 7' garage.

I went with a 2011 Silverado 2500 HD Crew cab standard bed. Basically the GM version of Dunbars F250 (not sure if he replaced it) .

My first child is due in a month and I needed extra cab space for the family. My work vehicle doubles as my personal vehicle.

0% financing for 72 months was the clincher for me.

Plus, with the 6.0 V8 I feel confident with the trailer that I pull about 12-15 times a year.

Comment

Made in ???? Monies to ?????? Thanks for sending your money to Asia, just what this country needs. e-150,express MADE IN USA UNION YES
                Motown

Comment

Lets see this truck....never seen one before.

Comment

Originally posted by birmingplumb View Post
                    Made in ???? Monies to ?????? Thanks for sending your money to Asia, just what this country needs. e-150,express MADE IN USA UNION YES
                    Motown
                    Yeah, with my bail-out tax dollars non-the-less...

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                      Lets see this truck....never seen one before.
                      Here ya go flux, Nissan Commercial Vehicles: Utility & Cargo Vans, Pickup Trucks, Fleet Vehicles

Comment

The cosco wire shelves are the way to go. I have 3 of their 4' shelves and load with plastic trays, I might have spent 400 total.
                        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Made in Canton, MS

Comment

Did I read it properly or should I put my glasses on after picking my eyes up off the floor 0.9% for 36 months you have to be joking that is giving it away

Tony

Comment

you read it right. joeys car was free financing for 36 months.

considering the bank pays me .01% on my business account, they're making a killing.

rick.
                              phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                              X