Using an iPhone/iPad on-site

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using an iPhone/iPad on-site

I recently purchased an apple iPad, and I think it would be a great tool to use in my plumbing business. Has anyone found an app program that can create and send estimates and invoices directly on-site?

Would make my life a whole lot easier... Any recommendations/reviews would be great

Jerry

Re: Using an iPhone/iPad on-site

I too believe it would be a great tool. I know exactly what I want but have't found anything on the market yet. I've even talked to a couple of app guys, but so far they're not interested in developing what I need. I'm looking more at the Android than I-Pad platform. Syncing to my desktop for my customer data base, coupled with a shopping cart with photos for product, and a check out with Square. Set up for flat-rate or hourly. Customer selects products/services, credit card swipe and your paper work is done.

Comment

when you find it, let me know too.

rick.
      phoebe it is

Comment

There are a lot of programs out there that will allow you to send invoices or estimates while on site for the iPad. It all depends on how much work you want to put into it.

Invoice2go seems to be the most popular and robust program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg based on my research. It is pretty flexible in how you set it up, and it has a lot of in app purchases that let you expand the capabilities of the program.

Quick Sale is another decent program that you should check out also. I personally like it for how it handles inventory more then anything else, but if you take the time to set it up it is a good program.

The way I do it on mine is I use a word processor (Pages is what I use on my iPad but any one will work) and just have a few different templates set up that I can quickly edit and print or e-mail as needed. I also have a few other apps I use for things like scanning receipts, running credit cards, scheduling, etc. I haven't found one program that will let me do it all the way I want to work.

Comment

I bought an Ipad and have found it useless for business and will be waiting till windows comes out with a pad so i can run my business windows programs on it

Tony

Comment

Why did I open this thread, I'm jealous and been dying for an i-pad.

Tony, I'm not sure I agree with you that the i-pad is useless for business...please explain further.

Comment

If you have an air printer, you could print out an invoice in your truck. I have software and templates and use it frequently.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                Why did I open this thread, I'm jealous and been dying for an i-pad.

Tony, I'm not sure I agree with you that the i-pad is useless for business...please explain further.
                All my computers and programs are microsoft windows based and Apple wont except them I didn`t wont to buy a lap top and throught an iPad would be great but its not so when they bring out the windows based pad or what ever they call it later on this year I have a good look at it ask a million questions and if it runs quickbooks and my other window based programs I will buy one

Tony
                Last edited by AFM; 07-27-2012, 02:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
                  All my computers and programs are microsoft windows based and Apple wont except them I didn`t wont to buy a lap top and throught an iPad would be great but its not so when they bring out the windows based pad or what ever they call it later on this year I have a good look at it ask a million questions and if it runs quickbooks and my other window based programs I will buy one

Tony
                  Samsung Slate Tony. Not toobad but you have to take care as it is not a Tough-Book

Comment

Originally posted by Nevada plumber View Post
                    There are a lot of programs out there that will allow you to send invoices or estimates while on site for the iPad. It all depends on how much work you want to put into it.

Invoice2go seems to be the most popular and robust program that doesn't cost an arm and a leg based on my research. It is pretty flexible in how you set it up, and it has a lot of in app purchases that let you expand the capabilities of the program.

Quick Sale is another decent program that you should check out also. I personally like it for how it handles inventory more then anything else, but if you take the time to set it up it is a good program.

The way I do it on mine is I use a word processor (Pages is what I use on my iPad but any one will work) and just have a few different templates set up that I can quickly edit and print or e-mail as needed. I also have a few other apps I use for things like scanning receipts, running credit cards, scheduling, etc. I haven't found one program that will let me do it all the way I want to work.
                    Thanks a ton for the response. Invoice2go looks very interesting have you tried it?? I think I'll try the free trial and see how it goes.... I'll can't wait for that day too when EVERYTHING is in one program.

You also mentioned credit cards. I just remembered seeing apps that let you swipe credit cards. I've never taken credit card payments for invoices, but it may be time to start...

Comment

Tony have you seen the windows tablet? I think its coing out soon

Comment

Exactly what I had in mind too

Comment

Originally posted by Jerry_71 View Post
                          Thanks a ton for the response. Invoice2go looks very interesting have you tried it?? I think I'll try the free trial and see how it goes.... I'll can't wait for that day too when EVERYTHING is in one program.

You also mentioned credit cards. I just remembered seeing apps that let you swipe credit cards. I've never taken credit card payments for invoices, but it may be time to start...
                          in 37 years, i too never took credit cards. but then came the smart phone and square. no cost to get it and no monthly or annual fee. just a 2.75% fee for any card swiped. so that's just $2.75 per $100.00. not bad with no cost and no monthly fees. i've used it for several months and have processed 6 credit cards with no issues and am pleased. i would suggest to set up a new bank account with your bank and use it for just square transactions. this way you can see all your transactions and not get side tracked with other banking transactions.

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

I haven't done much more then fiddle with Invoice2go. It is pretty easy to get set up and does have a lot of flexibility, I just like to work differently then that program allows. My main reason for trying it out is I have been thinking about hiring another employee and my system wouldn't work for them. I'd setup Invoice2go as kind of a flat rate book and make them price everything through that program.

As far as credit cards, get the Square card reader and app for your iPad. That will let you take all major credit cards with a low fee and no upfront costs beyond the reader which ranges from free to ten dollars depending on where you get it at. Don't forget to spend five dollars and buy a stylus so people don't have to try and sign the screen with their finger.

Comment

I use my ipad for manual J's and the square for credit cards as well. And yeah, I bought a stylus. Also my cell phone tells me when I'm near a coffee shop.
                              No, it's not rocket science, it's plumbing and unlike rocket science it requires a license.

Comment

Working...
                              X