X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Business

Just finished up 2011 & 2012 invoices by putting them on the computer.

The bad news, we did 70 less jobs in 2012, versus 2011.

2013 has been terrible so far, I hope this trend doesn't continue.

Re: Business

Same here, keep the faith.
    26+6=1

Comment

Same but worse

Comment

Made less in 2012. The only number that matters to me is the net profit, which makes me look forward to the increased state & federal taxes.

2013 should be better than 2011, because we are bidding on more jobs this Jan than last year.

Also, MD has new septic regs.(COMAR 26.04.02.00) that took effect Jan 1st which should increase our oppertunity to get more work. Only about 150 people in the state signed up to be MDE certified in O & M for nitrogen reducing septic tanks. I don't know how many passed the test, but I did.

Comment

I just took the class last week. They said the number is up to 1500. I am sure most of them past. From talking to others it seems that owners of larger companies are send thier crews because they do not want to be on site. I do not have an y work for installs booked for 2013.

Comment

Originally posted by Knight1 View Post
            I just took the class last week. They said the number is up to 1500. I am sure most of them past. From talking to others it seems that owners of larger companies are send thier crews because they do not want to be on site. I do not have an y work for installs booked for 2013.
            The 1500 number is for the MDE installer certification & if you didn't pass that test you probably can't read. The 150 number I was talking about is for the O & M certification. The O & M is where the money is going to be. I get $125.00 for a scheduled maintenance visit & if there no problems which there usually are not I can complete it about 20 mins. I control the schedule, so I can make sure I will be the area when I do a maintenance visit.

I only have 1 BAT tank booked so far 2013 & that tank is a BRF paid tank with a sand mound. I have given 8 estimates on BAT tanks this past week for people who were not paying attention to the new reg. & didn't pull their permits before Jan 1st. The BRF paid tanks are now income based, so there should be more opportunities to sell them.

Comment

Thanks,

I am hoping to take the O&M in march. I was told the Feb class was booked. Sounds like you already have a good plan and its working. Still working on mine.

Comment

2010 - 842 jobs.

2011 - 877 jobs.

2012 - 1001 jobs.

2013 on pace for 1105 jobs.
                Last edited by AssTyme; 01-27-2013, 01:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
                  2010 - 842 jobs.

2011 - 877 jobs.

2012 - 1001 jobs.

2013 on pace for 1105 jobs.
                  You must live in a highly populated area to garner those types of numbers. There is 2 of us, and we average in the 300 - 400 call volume a year, with big jobs ( several days) mixed in.

Comment

Originally posted by Flux View Post
                    You must live in a highly populated area to garner those types of numbers. There is 2 of us, and we average in the 300 - 400 call volume a year, with big jobs ( several days) mixed in.

It's just me and I only do sewer & drain cleaning.

My service population is just over 160,000.

Comment

Mine is more then that, but makes sense you're in and out quicker than I am most of the time.

Comment

And how many real plumbers and sewer and drain cleaners are there in your area and is that 160,000 single houses and businesses or 160,000 residents which lets say two per house and business which brings it down to 80,000 or three which would be 53.3,000 residents or you must just be luckier than the rest or

Tony

Comment

I think this discussion is a good benchmark for how our businesses are shaping up relative to others. I did 450 jobs in 2012. This year looks to be on pace for slightly better. How about the rest of you?

Comment

Working...
                          X