Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Better Business Bureau of Southern Calif. thrown out of the BBB Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Better Business Bureau of Southern Calif. thrown out of the BBB

Been telling you for years that the BBB was a scam and nothing more than an orginazation that was out to richen their own pockets at the expense of businesses they were suppose to support.

Well it finally came to bite them in the a$$.

The local Southern Calif chapter was thrown out of the organization. This was just announced.

For years I've posted about my experiances, and for years others tried to defend them. But they were doomed when ABC did an undercover report on them in 2010 and exposed they had a pay for grades policy.

Here's the news release with other links to the whole story.

Better Business Bureau Gives Itself an 'F' in Los Angeles - ABC News

Glad to see they got what they deserved. An "F" rating that we and consumers paid the price for.

Rick.
    phoebe it is

Re: Better Business Bureau of Southern Calif. thrown out of the BBB

I looked up the chapter in my area. I'm not a member and don't wish to become one. To register my newly formed business it would cost $ 450. Then they decide whether or not my business is up to their standards. They judge. Hah... who gives them the right... and for $ 450...

Then a rep would contact me (but not with the fake info I used) to give me my first company interview and rating. So it appears it's always pay-to-play for every branch.
    Last edited by Plumber Punky; 03-12-2013, 10:53 AM.
    ~~

... it was plumbed by Ray Charles and his helper Stevie Wonder

Comment

wow!
      Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Amazing how we are so trusting. We seem to have honesty eyes which these parasites exploit. We have similar down here. I got a fight with a pay for lead at the moment and they are double-dipping for trash leads. All tyre-kickers. But we seem to relax our better judgement sometimes thinking we need to have the exposure. Why am I getting so sour in my old age???????????????????????????????

Comment

You're not the only one, Cleanmen! I live in an area with tons of seasonal "snowbirds", investors, and most of the people who live here are from another part of the country. When you move or go somewhere new, all the contacts and service providers you've come to trust are back home. Unless you have a trusted friend/relative in the area, you're not sure what AC guy, dentist, plumber, etc. to call. You either look for online reviews and opinions, or you go with your gut on advertising. We are not associated with the BBB in our area either.

Comment

Working...
          X