X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HVAC Simulator

The link below is for a free HVAC troubleshooting program. I found it rather interesting and think it may even sharpen my skills a bit, and best of all it's free. Check it out.

http://www.geocities.com/hvacsimulator

If you are going to come here and push your own product, don't make it sound like you just stumbled across this and are doing us all a favor by passing on the link to YOUR website.

Your user information reveals all I need to know to make the statement above.

My personal opinion is that this is a good way for someone to lure unsuspecting forum members to a website where they get you to download some infected software. My advice is to STAY AWAY from this site.

Member Status: Junior Member
    Member Number: 6689
    Email Address: hvacsimulator@yaHOO.COM
    Homepage: http://www.geocities.com/hvacsimulator
    Interests: vbxd
    Birth Date: 01-01-1968

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D.:
      If you are going to come here and push your own product, don't make it sound like you just stumbled across this and are doing us all a favor by passing on the link to YOUR website.

Your user information reveals all I need to know to make the statement above.

My personal opinion is that this is a good way for someone to lure unsuspecting forum members to a website where they get you to download some infected software. My advice is to STAY AWAY from this site.
      You call that a website? It's a page I slapped together in 5 minutes so people had a place to download the program. It's a few words a picture and a link.

You sound like an awfully paroniod person. A "glass half empty" type of guy. Relax a minute and think positivly instead of being so negitive.

Yeah I don't really intend to post at this forum, but I figured that other people in my line of work could use a little help in the form of the program I made available.

I recently graduated from LTI and the program Im offering is one I copied off a school computer. It contains simulation software called Simutech. It's a really useful program and I thought people would enjoy this software. From what I understand, this program costs a few hundred dollars if you were to purchase it on your own.

So before you start to judge what you know nothing about, think and be a little more positive. Im just a guy trying to give a helping hand to the HVAC community.

[ 08-21-2005, 12:13 AM: Message edited by: hvacsimulator ]

Comment

Simuair
        Simuref
        Simumkt
        Simuoil
        Simugas

Those are the five programs in the simu.zip file i have at "MY" website "BOB"

If your interested in seeing what program your about to download, check the "REAL" website for the same programs I have listed above (the only difference is you have to pay for them and I own the DOS version not the versions pictured). The link is below:

http://www.simutechsystems.com/Products.htm

ADDITION:

Oh, heres a little info for you "BOB". Altogether, those 5 programs would run you a little under $3,000. Don't believe me, check out the price page for the Simutech programs (and these are the prices for the DOS versions I own that have less features that the regular version):

http://www.simutechsystems.com/Dosprice.htm#top

[ 08-21-2005, 12:07 AM: Message edited by: hvacsimulator ]

Comment

Originally posted by hvacsimulator:
          Simuair
          Simuref
          Simumkt
          Simuoil
          Simugas

Those are the five programs in the simu.zip file i have at "MY" website "BOB"

If your interested in seeing what program your about to download, check the "REAL" website for the same programs I have listed above (the only difference is you have to pay for them and I own the DOS version not the versions pictured). The link is below:

http://www.simutechsystems.com/Products.htm

ADDITION:

Oh, heres a little info for you "BOB". Altogether, those 5 programs would run you a little under $3,000. Don't believe me, check out the price page for the Simutech programs (and these are the prices for the DOS versions I own that have less features that the regular version):

http://www.simutechsystems.com/Dosprice.htm#top
          I don't think that Bob is paranoid for not wanting to download, what you seem to indicate, are pirated programs from an anonymous website, recommended by an anonymous person who claims he/she has no interest in posting on this forum.

Hum....? I think I turn down your generous offer.

the dog
          the dog

Comment

DOG, YOU SEE. I THINK WE ARE FINALLY AGREEING ON SOMETHING. I DON'T EVEN DO HEATING. EVEN IF I DID, I WOULD'T TAKE UP THIS OFFER. TOO MANY GOOD POINTS YOU AND BOB BROUGHT UP.

HE MIGHT MEAN WELL, BUT NO TRACK RECORD. BOB HIT IT ON THE BUTTON.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY?

MAYBE SOMEONE WILL TAKE A LOOK AND ALL IS WELL?

RICK.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK:
              DOG, YOU SEE. I THINK WE ARE FINALLY AGREEING ON SOMETHING. I DON'T EVEN DO HEATING. EVEN IF I DID, I WOULD'T TAKE UP THIS OFFER. TOO MANY GOOD POINTS YOU AND BOB BROUGHT UP.

HE MIGHT MEAN WELL, BUT NO TRACK RECORD. BOB HIT IT ON THE BUTTON.

BETTER SAFE THAN SORRY?

MAYBE SOMEONE WILL TAKE A LOOK AND ALL IS WELL?

RICK.
              Hehe, this world is pretty damn funny. One tries to do something useful for another, but all one gets is rejection. Oh well, all I can say is that it's your loss. I'm perfectly happy using the program on my own, just thought others would enjoy it as well.

And by the way, doesn't anyone have a virus detection program? If so you could easily tell if the file is corrupted or not (which it isn't). With so many free virus software out there (like AVG Free) I'd think at least one of you could tell that the file isn't infected.

And think about this, if I was some ******* out to destroy peoples computers with corrupt programs, why the hell would I be wasting my time here replying to these posts? Shouldn't I be out trying to spread my infected software? And why the hell would I only target the HVAC community? This is why I think your friend "BOB" is a tad bit paronoid. He saw nothing but the negitive points and not the positive.

Comment

There have been trolls coming on this site from time to time. All offering advice and information for free providing we open our computers to them.

With the ever changing threats one never knows if his protective software is up to date or not. Only a fool is not cautious on the net.

Perhaps you can be more descriptive of what you have to offer and we will then decide whether or not you are worth the risk. If you really are in the HVAC business hang around and share some of your experiences or insights, a full time HVAC person is sorely needed here.. But if you are just looking for a bunch of quick hits to your site for whatever reason then maybe just move along.
                Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Originally posted by plumber:
                  There have been trolls coming on this site from time to time. All offering advice and information for free providing we open our computers to them.

With the ever changing threats one never knows if his protective software is up to date or not. Only a fool is not cautious on the net.

Perhaps you can be more descriptive of what you have to offer and we will then decide whether or not you are worth the risk. If you really are in the HVAC business hang around and share some of your experiences or insights, a full time HVAC person is sorely needed here.. But if you are just looking for a bunch of quick hits to your site for whatever reason then maybe just move along.
                  Simutech is a ac/refrigeration/oil-gas furnace simulator and troubleshooting training system, designed for HVAC students and service technicians. The simulator is a tool for teaching students the basics of air conditioner troubleshooting and operation, as well as improving the service skills of experienced technicians.

Basicly it simulates ac/refrigeration/oil-gas furnace systems that a service technician would commonly encounter in the field. These consist of packaged units, split-systems, CSR motor circuits, ect. Up to 20 different mechanical and electrical faults may be inserted into each different simulator. (below is an image of some of the faults you can enter yourself, or you can randomly choose for more of a challange. Some can be quite difficult)

For troubleshooting, the following on-screen test instruments and charts are included in the simulator:

Gauge manifold set
                  Digital thermometer
                  Leak detector
                  Clamp-on ammeter
                  Voltmeter
                  Ohmmeter
                  Temperature/pressure charts
                  Performance charts

So thats the basic jist of the Simutech program. Like I said earlier, I just graduated last week (I sort of stole this program from my school... shhh) and I'm currently looking for work so I have no HVAC experiences or insights. The program is really all I have to offer at this point.

[ 08-22-2005, 09:18 PM: Message edited by: hvacsimulator ]

Comment

Originally posted by hvacsimulator:
                    </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by plumber:

Simutech is a ac/refrigeration/oil-gas furnace simulator and troubleshooting training system, designed for HVAC students and service technicians. The simulator is a tool for teaching students the basics of air conditioner troubleshooting and operation, as well as improving the service skills of experienced technicians.

Basicly it simulates ac/refrigeration/oil-gas furnace systems that a service technician would commonly encounter in the field. These consist of packaged units, split-systems, CSR motor circuits, ect. Up to 20 different mechanical and electrical faults may be inserted into each different simulator. (below is an image of some of the faults you can enter yourself, or you can randomly choose for more of a challange. Some can be quite difficult)

For troubleshooting, the following on-screen test instruments and charts are included in the simulator:

Gauge manifold set
                    Digital thermometer
                    Leak detector
                    Clamp-on ammeter
                    Voltmeter
                    Ohmmeter
                    Temperature/pressure charts
                    Performance charts

So thats the basic jist of the Simutech program. Like I said earlier, I just graduated last week (I sort of stole this program from my school... shhh) and I'm currently looking for work so I have no HVAC experiences or insights. The program is really all I have to offer at this point.
                    </font>[/QUOTE]Your age is the telling sign. Most of us on this forum are a bit older and wiser. Downloading any program is risky at best. I personally run four seperate security programs on my computer. This is not absolute security. (Read the post by Plumber above).

Again, I can't speak for anyone but myself on this forum, but there is no......and I mean no, way I would ever download a program on my computer that is pirated, comes from an anonymous website, recommended by an anonymous source.

Call me paranoid, but I wonder why someone like you, who admits they have no interest in this forum, keeps responding to this thread.

If you are doing this for no profit, then why continue? OK no one is interested, so, why defend yourself? Why not offer this free deal to someone who cares.

Your line about why someone would target the HVAC industry with a virus? I don't know why anyone spreads these problems. Is there a logic behind it?

You sound like someone who went through the process, but seems a little frustrated. Go find a job in the industry you claim to be trained for.

the dog
                    the dog

Comment

Did you even read the posts before you started typing? If you were paying attention you would see that I said I graduated LAST WEEK. Now I don't know about you, but someone fresh out of school not 5 days ago would proably need just a tad more time to find a job. Especially since it takes the average person 2-3 months to find a job, and that's WITH experience.

And where is this so called frustration your referring to? Could you point it out for me because through this whole post I've been completely calm and objective. I listen to what everyone says, but since I personally don't agree with some of their ways of looking at things (like your views for instance), is that what you refer to as "frustration"? I always thought frustration had a different definition.

If you ask me, the only frustrated person in this post is you. Frustrated at the very fact that I'm here posting at your precious forum trying to spread a so called "virus" in an elaborate plot to overthrough the HVAC online community. Get real buddy.

As for the question about posting here. I find these convo's stimulating. I actually enjoy debates. It's what someone with a fair amount of intelligence can get into, something you would know nothing about.

Some have, like me, been objective (plumber and plumberrick for instance). I may have come a little hard at your buddy "BOB", but I can't stand negativity so I admit I did get a little defensive.

(Wait, is that why your up my ***? Defending your pal "BOB"? Stop brown nosing and let him fight his own battles)

And the immature statement is way out of place. I would bet that I have more knowledge in my little finger than you do in your whole being. I've been through things that some 40 year old men couldn't even fathom. I'm way beyond my years when it comes to wisdom for many different reasons. But seriously, if it's a battle of wits your looking for, don't even try. Your a little short on ammo.

To wrap this post up mr dog, or whatever the hell your name is, if you don't want to download the program... don't. I promise I won't loose any sleep over it. I couldn't care less. I posted it here for the people who do want to give the program a shot. And even if no such person exists, my opinion is still the same: I couldn't care less. Use it or not, it's up to you.

P.S. Check your comma count in both posts, a little high don't you think? Are you sure your name is plumbdog and not commaking?

[ 08-23-2005, 12:10 AM: Message edited by: hvacsimulator ]

Comment

it be nice if it realy worked

Comment

Defend myself? You have said it all for me (quoted below from one of your previous posts):

"... Like I said earlier, I just graduated last week (I sort of stole this program from my school... shhh) and I'm currently looking for work so I have no HVAC experiences or insights. The program is really all I have to offer at this point. ..."

So your 'experience' in the trade is one full week of unemployment (at the time you wrote the above), and we are being paranoid because we doubt your motives or methods when you admit you stole the software and are offering it up to us to gain some acceptance and maybe buy your way into a job with some not so honest contractor. I can't think of another reason for you to be here. Maybe you are just looking to make some new contacts in the industry you are starting out in, there is nothing wrong with that. But sharing pirated software in a public forum is not the way to gain friends, that makes you appear to me to be less than trustworthy right from the start. If you are going to try begin a relationship with people knowledgeable in the industry this is not the way to get started.

I'm not looking to start this up again but I did not want to let his last comment about me go without a response, even though he puts his foot in his mouth every time he opens it. I was content to let this die until it bubbled up yesterday due to a recent post.

Oh, I don't need the Dog to defend me, but I will be glad to stand beside him and defend the trade and this forum from the likes of you and what you are promoting here (use of pirated software and a unprincipled business ethic which can only serve to give the trade a black eye).
                          Last edited by Bob D.; 11-17-2006, 09:26 AM. Reason: fix a typo
                          ---------------
                          Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                          ---------------
                          “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                          ---------
                          "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                          ---------
                          sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Funny that this user admitted to posting pirated (stolen) software. Hmmm... maybe thats a reason not to visit his link.

Comment

hvac help

Howdy and hello
                              how are you everyone. I really need to get a hold of this program. The simugas program is over 1500 dollars or more. Wow. I cant afford that. I am a single parent.
                              Does anyone have this program, or is there a cartel interested in buying this program and making copies.

I figure if we get about a 100 people interested in buying this Simugas program, we can each spend about 15 bucks a piece and share it.

I live in Canada.

so if you are in the toronto area, and if you are writing any of your gas fitters licences, you are familiar with the TSSA and their horible unfair testing, perhaps you may also be interested in this program.

thank you all

Comment

Working...
                              X