I Did It....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Did It....

My service area has 3 phone book directories, dropped out of one 2 years ago, dropped out of the other last fall and just today I dropped out of the last one, Bye Bye !!!

No more paid advertizing except the hosting of my web site which is dirt cheap through GoDaddy

I really thought you were going to confess to buying a K60
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by AssTyme View Post
      My service area has 3 phone book directories, dropped out of one 2 years ago, dropped out of the other last fall and just today I dropped out of the last one, Bye Bye !!!

No more paid advertizing except the hosting of my web site which is dirt cheap through GoDaddy
      I just had another new phone book dropped of at the front door this week. In our area, we get three different phone books every year. I don't use them, and feel a bit guilty dropping them in the trash, but I don't know what else to do with them. Does anyone use a phone book anymore???
      Anyway, were you not getting ANY business from your listings anymore, and how did you know?
      And are you doing any other advertising, or just relying on word of mouth? It's good to have a website, if people find it... are people finding your website?
      Anyway, congrats on cutting the finally cord on the old phone book directories!
      The solution to almost everything...
      A bigger hammer or... More Power!

Comment

3 years ago when I was in all 3 books I was averaging around 2 calls per week from the books, averaging 17 jobs per week. Last year being in one book I was averaging around 2 or 3 calls a month from the book, averaging 21 jobs per week.

I built a web site last fall which is ranking #1 on the top 3 search engines and I'm getting around 3 to 5 jobs per week from it. So far this year I'm averaging 24 jobs per week and with where I'm at in life is a bit too much for my liking.

The web site is more bang for the buck plus the fact phone books are becoming less popular, getting thinner every year.

Most of my jobs are repeat/word of mouth. It also helps that over the last 4 years I have added 4 plumber friends/companies that always refer me out bringing the total to around 8.

I no longer service trailer homes and I've also been raising my rates every year to try and weed out some of the slum lords and it's working
        Last edited by AssTyme; 05-01-2014, 09:53 AM.

Comment

Hi Five! Great Success!

Comment

wow very good. This is a perfect way you had done.
            keep it up .

Comment

Good job man! I'm glad you are in a position to be able to raise your prices and you are not afraid to do it. With the exception of fuel in the last month, everything else has been going up in price. We shouldn't eat the extra cost of doing business. A cheeseburger now and then tastes much better. Congratulations!!
              www.ClinkscalesSeptic.com

Comment

glad your business has grown to where you do not need to advertise any more,

but yes I use phone books all the time to look up numbers, lucky out area is not changing that fast, so my old phone book work well I which I could get some new ones, for each phone,
                heck I still have rotary phones in many areas of the farm (three of them).

but I also use the internet at times to look up numbers.
                Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
                attributed to Samuel Johnson
                ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
                PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Working...
                X