Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Just starting out on my own, need some advice on website.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just starting out on my own, need some advice on website.

Hi Everyone,

I just join the forum and have been really impressed with the insight and community you guys have here. I am hoping some of you seasoned guys would have a few minutes to check my website out and offer any advice or thoughts on how to improve it. I built it myself ( which sometimes can work out, hopefully ), I think it looks pretty good, but would really appreciate some thoughts on it.

Second, has anyone here built their own site too? What would you say is the most helpful aspect you used for your site?

The link is below

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Jim
    24 hour emergency plumbing repairs in Mid-Michigan, affordable residential and commercial plumbing services. Click here for Free Estimates, reviews and answers to your plumbing questions.

Very nice Website. If you did that yourself, you might have got into the wrong business. Website design pays pretty good!

Comment

Hey Jim that looks great if you built that yourself. You have a lot of good "call-to-action" going on with the phone number and contact form.

I've been trying to learn web site design myself on the side and have been working on my company's website:

http://www.columbiarestorationpros.com/

I feel it could be better but I've asked some of my employees and they said it looks good so far.
      Columbia Restoration Pros provides 24/7 emergency water damage, mold remediation, and fire damage restoration in South Carolina. Call now for a free quote.

Comment

Thank you from the replies R.morrissey and speedbump. I really appreciate it. R.morrissey I checked your site out too, it looks great. Is yours wordpress, I used weebly and am very happy with it. The next step is just to get some customers to the site lol.

Comment

These days a lot of customers will find you first on Yelp. At the top of your Yelp page, you can have a link to your company website so that customers can click-thru.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim from Michigan View Post
            Thank you from the replies R.morrissey and speedbump. I really appreciate it. R.morrissey I checked your site out too, it looks great. Is yours wordpress, I used weebly and am very happy with it. The next step is just to get some customers to the site lol.
            Thanks. Yup it's wordpress. There was a huge learning curve but I was able to build it up slowly.

And yes, customer can come easily from places like Yelp or yellowpages.com. A lot of people rely on customer reviews so try and get those going too.

Comment

For your purposes, the website's perfect.

the only advice I can offer, avoid all "SEO" services, use info you glean from google itself on optimizing your tags,keywords (etc), your site alone will generate business, but make sure you're on Google business listings and other free sites, like Yelp.

Comment

Hey..that's a good one! I have been trying to create my own until I realized that I am using a lot of my time working on it than earning Does Weebly provide apps to help you with SEO? like SEO by Yoast on Wordpress.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim from Michigan View Post
                  Hi Everyone,

I just join the forum and have been really impressed with the insight and community you guys have here. I am hoping some of you seasoned guys would have a few minutes to check my website out and offer any advice or thoughts on how to improve it. I built it myself ( which sometimes can work out, hopefully ), I think it looks pretty good, but would really appreciate some thoughts on it.

Second, has anyone here built their own site too? What would you say is the most helpful aspect you used for your site?

The link is below

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.

Jim
                  The site certainly looks awful. It seems like the site has been hacked and links have been placed there. you need to make the main page different from the others, there you can place previews of articles in blocks of 3-4 per line. you can also correct the tags on the main page; in general, you can check the site for errors through free tools, you will find it yourself in the search. as an example you can consider the forextime.com site. I took part in its design and can be proud of it. I can tell you more about the revision
                  Last edited by Bob D.; 10-20-2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X