Scam - beware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scam - beware

Received these E-Mails this week. Told him no in the end. A bit long, Enjoy!

Roberts Sxxxh <smithrxxxxxx@gmail.com>
    Oct 11 (2 days ago)

to me
    Hello, I'm Smith Robert Jack I'll like to know if you do Plumbing Drain & Sewer Cleaning and if you do accept credit card as a form of payment.Would be happy to hear back from you as soon as possible.

Thanks,
    Robert.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hello Robert,

I do take credit cards.
    Please call me so we can schedule a time for me to come out and take care of your drain problems.

Mark
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberts Smith
    Oct 11 (2 days ago)

to me
    Thanks for the reply. I just had an ear surgery and I have been advised to stay off the phone till I'm fully recovered,that is why I am contacting you via email for now.,here is the address of the house xxx 24th Ave S,Minneapolis, MN 55406,(3 beds 2 baths 1,696 sqft) I need The Plumbing Drain & Sewer Cleaning for the house.So can you get me the rough estimate for your service and also I want you to start the job as soon as possible.hope this works for you because the initial owner still have the keys to the house because I paid him 65% of the house then so I just want you to send me the rough estimate so that I could know my budget and I will be making a deposit for this job and when I get the keys I will let you know to start the job alright..I will like to make a deposit of $2,000 for the inspection an estimation of the property and before you go for the inspection kindly understand that the property keys is with the initial owner, so regarding this I will be needing a little favor from you.

Hope to read from you,
    Thanks.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello Robert,

I'm still not 100% sure what you want.

You want all the drains cleaned? The main line inspected with a camera and video? This to be done before you take possession of the home?

Inspections before you buy are common and suggested so there are no surprises after you move in.

Please clear this up for me.

Thank you

Mark

------------------------------------------------------------------

Roberts Smith
    7:01 PM (15 minutes ago)

to me
    Sound Good,I would like to let you know that I will also be making upfront payment now okay,I just contacted the Ex owner and he made me understand that I still have to balance him $4,000 before he can drop the house keys with you and before getting inside the house for inspection and installation,this is happening because they were some changes in the house that cost him more fee okay.So regarding this I will be giving you my credit card soon to charge for $6,100 plus the 3% of credit card usage and you will deduct $2000 as full payment to prepare you ahead for the job and to help me send $4,000 to the initial owner as cash deposit near you and take $100 for yourself for the stress and time and you helping with the request, please am sorry if have cost you any inconvenient okay.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
    Sorry Robert,

I don't do business this way.

Please find someone else

Thank you

Roberts Smith
    7:25 PM (0 minutes ago)

to me
    Please I meant no harm, I have only requested for your assistance regarding the Ex Owner and I want you to understand my present health situation and predicament. The Ex Owner credit card machine is not working at the moment so they don't have card facility for now. My account is not setup with Internet banking and that is the main reason I can't transfer the funds to your account directly or pay the Ex Owner that why I want you to help me with the Ex Owner fee. Am ready to pay the 3% credit card charge fee on the amount and am assuring you that this transaction is 100% legal and safe, I will also be giving you $100 for tips/gratitude.

Comment

Wtf???

Comment

You should forward all the emails to the FBI. Seriously.
        You can find the number for your local FBI office online or in any phone book (do they still exist?)
        "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

----

1/20/2017 - The Beginning of a new Error

Comment

If it smells funny it's usually bad. I have had a couple of these. One through text. Same thing... health issue, bad grammar, wanting to use you for a credit card transaction and of course the promise of a lot of work. I let them know I am not a bank.
          If you are pre qualifying your leads like you should wackos and crooks get screened out pretty quick.

Comment

My wife is a caterer and gets this type of $hit quite often. One clue is the poor grammar, some even explain that they are foreigners. They always want to overpay and have you refund to them or someone else.

Comment

Go to 419 eater. Com

Comment

419 eater, how sweet this is. God I wish I ws as talented as these guys. Makes KHAMA real.

ROFLMAO..............!!!

Comment

Working...
                X