X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Computer & Vista Questions

All this from a guy who has been dreaming of a better battery & cordless drill for months...

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
    Okay, I won't change this into a "what I heard about vista" discussion. I would like to talk about change and what we consider progress. As a retired Telephone man I've seen what progress can do and if it were up to me we would go back to operators placing our calls, no cell phones, pagers, no computers or internet. No power accessories on cars, no microwaves! All our plumbing would be sweated and all our electrical panels would use fuses. You blow a fuse, either replace it or stick a penny in there and hope for the best. All this technology has not helped us, just made us lazy and more dependant. We need to toughen up, you check'in for gas? Carry a canary in a cage. You check'in for electricity? Lick your first two fingers and hold on! Now let's be real men and stop all this foolishness about computers and operating systems. What are we girlie men?
    Still enjoying all 10 fingers!

Comment

Originally posted by wwsmith View Post
      All this from a guy who has been dreaming of a better battery & cordless drill for months...

I have to admit the thumbs do make a world of difference. Oh, and I'll take it all back once I get that Battery!

Comment

I have added two HP laptops both with Vista Home Premium and have had no issues so far with any hardware. I have not loaded any software on them yet except for that which specifically says it is Vista compatible. I have Office XP but will probably leave that on my desktop running XP Pro.

No problems so far with any of the LAN printers here at home, my network storage is working OK and file and print sharing between all computers is OK so far (it's been 10 days).

The file compatibility issues were the same with earlier versions of Office and people cried then too. When Office 2000 was launched the same issues came up. You can choose to save in the older format (OfficeXP/2003 format).
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
        X