• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Anyone Bring A Laptop to work?

Three laptops a tablet and a treo.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
      Duck, I don't think Rick has ever washed or lost a check. First thing he does when he walks in the house is pull all the checks out. He forgets about the rest.

Looking in his pockets are like looking through a little boys pockets. . .you just might find rocks and frogs Sometimes there is cash though

LMAO! Rocks and frogs

Comment

I have a large step van so lots of room for computer equipment. For a while I had a full desktop computer w/slide out keyboard, mouse, flat screen monitor, printer/scanner/copier, etc. However, now I just use the printer/scanner/copier and my laptop. Easy to modify estimates, invoice, and almost everywhere I travel there is a wireless connection so easy to get directions from Mapquest if I need them.
        Distractions are everywhere, don't lose sight of your dream.

Comment

I carried one back around '92. I could look up prices and print invoices and so on. This was, if anyone remembers, the days of DOS. The laptop actually ran on DR Dos which was a slight cut above at the time.

It took longer to boot up than it did to make and print the invoice. The Citizen thermal tape printer did laser quality but the tapes were expensive and were hard to find. Both would run on batteries but battery life wasn't great back then.

One day I leaned over the computer on my kitchen counter and broke the LCD screen. That was the end of that. I never could find a replacement screen for the off-brand unit.

I still have the laptop, and it will work with an external monitor . . .

Comment

Dell 9200 Laptop on the truck with wireless internet through Sprint...

My wife made me an access database to track all of my customers information and good to know specific job information, I even keep the customers pet names if I get them... ( Thanks to Rick for the Database Idea)

Comment

Originally posted by OkieBill View Post
              Dell 9200 Laptop on the truck with wireless internet through Sprint...

My wife made me an access database to track all of my customers information and good to know specific job information, I even keep the customers pet names if I get them... ( Thanks to Rick for the Database Idea)
              For your own sake, you may want to refer to those as nick names
              I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

No really, I keep the Dogs and or Cats names.. Small town service, Kids names ect....

Comment

No really, I keep the Dogs and or Cats names.. Small town service, Kids names ect....
                  I thought. . .oh never mind you know what I thought
                  I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Comment

I carry my Dell Inspiron 6400 everywhere with me. It makes my life easier for many reasons.

I have a Sprint broadband card for access where there are no hot spots. I have a HP portable printer as well. Quick books makes it simple for billing and quotes.

between the laptop and my Blackberry curve with GPS I am set for anything and be in constant communication.
                      www.firstresponsedrain.com

Comment

Yeah, I bought a laptop when I first started my company but it would be too much of a hassle. It would have been destroyed in 2 months.

I do everything when I come home on my desktop.
                        sigpic

Robert

Comment

I couldn't live without my laptop, Street Atlas and GPS. But also caring all the service manuals for all the tankless waterheaters. Gas sizing charts and programs. Faucet breakdowns cut sheets from tubs to urinals. Or getting the info I need from any unsecured wireless network on the area I’m in. Got to love technology.

Just remember ...... if it wasn't for your plumber, you wouldn't have any place to go"

Comment

I'd have to draw a line on that one.
                            Only a matter of time and it'd happen..."Hi, Mrs smith...is your husband Fido there?"

Comment

I am always in the city and always have the laptop I look up side sewer cards all the time Seattle is cool having them online and lots of unsecured networks to log into, but I am always worried it will be stolen by some crack head.
                              Seattle Drain Service

Comment

I often keep my laptop with me in my work van equipped with an AT&T wireless modem...........I dont use it for invoices or billing, But listed below are some circumstances in which i use my laptop on the job. Look up parts, prices, show customers pics of fixtures, find diminsions of water heaters/etc, look up diagrams-spec sheets-plumbing codes, check emails, recieve notifications from miss utility., get directions to job locations,..........Also whenever I am waiting on a building inspector or have some free time, i catch up on my emails or job scheduling.....I think a laptop on the truck provides any technician with a great resource in the field.

Comment

Working...
                                X