Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Here it is

You asked for it, so here it is.

So bring on the computer questions.

It will be helpful and save much time if you state what OS (Operating System) you are using such as: WinXP Pro w/SP3, MAC OSX, Vista Home Premium, Linux, Solaris, or Heaven forbid you're still running Win98SE

Also if you are using anti-virus software, and/or a firewall (hardware or software), what browser you use, etc.
    Last edited by Bob D.; 08-23-2008, 09:21 PM.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Re: Here it is

Great idea guys!! Thanks once again Josh!

Comment

Many thanks Josh

Comment

Thanks Josh, means alot.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

How can plumbers and wood workers answer computer questions unless they have had least 4 years of night computer science classes and have over 5,000 hrs of hands on repair of computer systems, and have passed a test, by the American Computer Institute.
          there are programing codes and dlls and exe, files that one needs to know about and need to know DOS cover to cover to properly know how to even turn one of these electronic devices on, do you know the damage that can be done jsut by the wrong key stroke,

OH the children, are at risk now, There should be a law,

you should only take your troubled computer to the computer repair shop think of all the computer geeks that are getting food pulled out of there mouths, the thought of even asking a question is revolting, you should take it to a professional, some one who needs the money, why it will only be a minimum of $100 service call, do you know how many hours these geeks have spent in the learning of there trade, the books they have read, and the trials and tribulations they have gone through learning how to reformat a hard drive, the dust and dirt they have encountered in a older computer.

Why would any one want to work on there own computer, what do they think they can accomplish, When all one has to do is take it to a professional computer repair shop and have it done in only a few weeks, even the thought of loading a program, scares me, why you could cause a conflict and crash the machine, just think if your windows operating system crashed, what would one do, I bet that is the problem with Windows is DIY forums. IF only there were laws, and stricter licensing requirements, and out law computer owners from working on there own machines,
          For the nations safety only professionals should ever consider the possible repair or dealing with even the simplest of computer problems, And even at that even with all your DIY efforts, you may still have to call in a pro, stupid computer owners, what do some people think, I jsut shake my head in disbelief that this forum is/was even considered. and to actuly be brought on line.

Thanks Josh,
          Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
          attributed to Samuel Johnson
          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
          PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post
            How can plumbers and wood workers answer computer questions unless they have had least 4 years of night computer science classes and have over 5,000 hrs of hands on repair of computer systems, and have passed a test, by the American Computer Institute.
            there are programing codes and dlls and exe, files that one needs to know about and need to know DOS cover to cover to properly know how to even turn one of these electronic devices on, do you know the damage that can be done jsut by the wrong key stroke,

you should only take your troubled computer to the computer repair shop think of all the computer geeks that are getting food pulled out of there mouths, the thought of even asking a question is revolting, you should take it to a professional, some one who needs the money, why it will only be a minimum of $100 service call, do you know how many hours these geeks have spent in the learning of there trade, the books they have read, and the trials and tribulations they have gone through learning how to reformat a hard drive, the dust and dirt they have encountered in a older computer.

Why would any one want to work on there own computer, what do they think they can accomplish, When all one has to do is take it to a professional computer repair shop and have it done in only a few weeks, even the thought of loading a program, scares me, why you could cause a conflict and crash the machine, just think if your windows operating system crashed, what would one do, I bet that is the problem with Windows is DIY forums. IF only there were laws, and stricter licensing requirements, and out law computer owners from working on there own machines,
            For the nations safety only professionals should ever consider the possible repair or dealing with even the simplest of computer problems, And even at that even with all your DIY efforts, you may still have to call in a pro, stupid computer owners, what do some people think, I jsut shake my head in disbelief that this forum is/was even considered. and to actuly be brought on line.

Thanks Josh,

Comment

Originally posted by BHD View Post

Thanks Josh,
              Are you by any chance, trying to prove a point?
              Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Haven't heard of cpu's exploding or flooding houses yet. Even the ones with the overheating batteries.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
                  Haven't heard of cpu's exploding or flooding houses yet. Even the ones with the overheating batteries.

J.C.
                  But laptops can catch fire in your lap and reduce male fertility!

Comment

Since I do fix computers on the side, I can help a little. They may not burn down houses, but I often run into entire business records that no longer exist. That could sometimes be more devastating than a fire.

Backup! Backup! Backup!

Comment

Originally posted by Herk View Post
                      Since I do fix computers on the side, I can help a little. They may not burn down houses, but I often run into entire business records that no longer exist. That could sometimes be more devastating than a fire.

Backup! Backup! Backup!
                      And when the time is right Delete, and don't forget to wipe (the disk that is).
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X