X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deleting Programs

What's the best way to delete programs? I've had some you just can't seem to get rid of even with the uninstaller. You can even go into the registry and delete. Reboot, and there it is again.

Thanks for all input.

J.C.

Re: Deleting Programs

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Newman View Post
      code name for crap cleaner great program can't beat it I use it daily in my computer shop

Comment

Be very careful with CCleaner in a registry cleaning.

Some softwares you will never get out of your computer. They just sit in there like a sleeper and doing no harm or effecting your computer.

In the Registry, most softwares can be spelled differently, Avast, avast, like that. It could also be under the company name, or abbreviations.

I use CCleaner to clean out cookies, unwanted files, etc but I do not use it for Registry cleaning. To take something out of your Registry, you can never put it back if you deleted the wrong thing. It can also crash your system.

You should also Defrag your system when ever you have a bad download or you uninstall a program.

I will manually delete out programs in my Registry, most programs as an average size can be in there around 50 different spots, or a lot more under aliases, just keep tapping F3 to find them all.....
        Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

Originally posted by garager View Post

Some softwares you will never get out of your computer. They just sit in there like a sleeper and doing no harm or effecting your computer.
          Precisely. Some software really doesn't do any harm to just leave it there. Unfortunately a lot/most software isn't programmed to clean up after itself properly after uninstallation and can require manual digging around in folders and the registry. Others leave hidden traces all over the registry such as trial versions to make sure you just don't uninstall and reinstall after expiration. Accidentally messing up the wrong thing in the registry can lead to serious problems.

Comment

You should always remove programs from the Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Sometimes, you can remove them from the Programs list if there's an uninstall.

You should never mess with the registry. Any registry cleaner in the hands of an end user can and will mess up your computer very badly. The best way to clean the registry is to reinstall the operating system. It's not a bad idea to do that every year or two anyway.

Comment

Working...
            X