Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Contractor computer case

http://www.pelican.com/cases_detail.php?Case=1490CC1

This is the case I went with for my laptop. Pelican of course is known for it's excellent quality but this is well designed. I have plenty of room for all my stuff and I don't worry about the laptop getting bumped. I was able to stand on the case with no damage and I weigh 265. The one drawback is this case is heavy so it might not be the best one when long walks are involved.
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Contractor computer case

How does the laptop breath?

Also will the case keep the laptop cool, when left in the truck/van during daylight Sunshine 160* plus, because the windows are rolled up?????

It does look very durable, no doubt there.....
    Great Link for a Construction Owner/Tradesmen, and just say Garager sent you....

http://www.contractorspub.com

A good climbing rope will last you 3 to 5 years, a bad climbing rope will last you a life time !!!

Comment

What are the dimensions of your laptop?

J.C.

Comment

I take it out of case when in use. It's waterproof so you can put it in the cooler to keep it cooler. lol, I don't know about the heat issue.
        Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
          What are the dimensions of your laptop?

J.C.
          14 1/8w x 10 1/4 front to back x 1 3/16 thick. The case can hold a laptop 14 3/8w x 11".
          Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
            I take it out of case when in use. It's waterproof so you can put it in the cooler to keep it cooler. lol, I don't know about the heat issue.
            Be careful to make sure it is really off. When I close my laptop it doesn't really turn off entirely, so it can build up a reasonable amount of heat in my laptop bag on the drive from/to work if I do some errands along the way.

Comment

Get a Toughbook and be done with it.
              "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                Get a Toughbook and be done with it.
                Nice thought but most don't have that kind of income to put into one. Unless you know somewhere you can get one for a reasonable amount. I'm all ears.

J.C.

Comment

I second this advice. i once put my laptop into hibernate and put it back into my laptop case. It literly melted the paint off the back of the battery overnight.

Josh
                  Originally posted by cpw View Post
                  Be careful to make sure it is really off. When I close my laptop it doesn't really turn off entirely, so it can build up a reasonable amount of heat in my laptop bag on the drive from/to work if I do some errands along the way.

Comment

Finally got a new camera and here is what it looks like. The white thing is a cooling pad.
                    Attached Files
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Working...
                    X