Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Borswer

Released yesterday - Google Chrome.
    It's a beta so still a little rough on the edges and somewhat minimalist, but this thing is FAST.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Re: New Borswer

Dude.....what's a borswer? Do you use that on a cmoputre?
    I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Apparently you had no problem figuring it out.
      Good job! Congratulations!
      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

I'm typing this response using Chrome. I like it so far. Nice and lite and if it keeps out the spyware I am all for it.

Josh

Comment

From what I've read, it is supposed to be very fast for Javascript, which is important for web based applications like gmail. I think Google's goal here is to push the Javascript envelope and make MS and Mozilla compete with them; so that they can do more and more advanced web applications (like Google Docs). I don't think they particularly care about the browser itself; as long as they own the app behind it.

Comment

Bad spelling aside, this borswer is wicked fast. Thanks for the tip!!
            I'm on "The List" and I love it!!

Comment

Holy Crap!

I had no idea that just changing my browser loading pages could speed up so much

Thanks!

Comment

All I can say is WOW. A whole new level of speed. Thanks for the tip

Greg

Comment

Mine's still downloading.

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
                    From what I've read, it is supposed to be very fast for Javascript, which is important for web based applications like gmail. I think Google's goal here is to push the Javascript envelope and make MS and Mozilla compete with them; so that they can do more and more advanced web applications (like Google Docs). I don't think they particularly care about the browser itself; as long as they own the app behind it.
                    I have no idea what you just said...........
                    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Ah yes, the next monopoly is here. They will control your web browser and your search engine. Google would now pretty much have complete control over how the world gets on the internet.

Comment

I've used Mozilla for 2 years with no problems. Faster than IE. Opera also makes a good browser.

Pages load from 3 to 8 seconds with dialup.

J.C.

Comment

I've been browsing the forum/other sites with Chrome this evening. It is quite fast at rendering pages, even ignoring JavaScript; which is what the media coverage was focusing on.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                            I have no idea what you just said...........
                            Google is trying to push applications like Gmail, and Google Docs (competitor to MS Office). These use a technology called AJAX (Asynchronous Javascript and XML). The core, and really the required bit of this, is Javascript which allows code to be executed (presumably) safely within your web browser. Without Javascript everything would require a page reload, which is terribly slow. The forum uses AJAX (at least the asynchronous javascript part of it) for things like Thanks and quick reply. You'll notice that when you thank someone, instead of reloading the page; the thanks text just updates without changing the page itself.

Google wants to do as much as they can with Javascript, but it is limited in speed. Chrome is in part meant to address this issue. My personal belief is that making and owning the browser isn't as important to them as just getting the average browser to be better.

Comment

Oh no, I've seen the future. Browser arguments & debates.

Sectional vs. Drum
                              Flatrate vs. T&M
                              To help DIY vs. no help to DIY
                              Chrome vs. Mozilla vs. IE

J.C.

Comment

Working...
                              X