• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Download from youtube

Is there a way to do it?
    Buy cheap, buy twice.

Re: Download from youtube

AH HA insert it like a picture with the link!

Comment

I was wondering if there was a way to download it to my computer so I could burn it to a CD as a MPEG? That way I could play it on my tv. I'm thinking music videos. Couldn't figure it out.

Comment

Download Real Player's latest software and anywhere you go on the net, you'll see the download bar show up at the top right corner of any video you're watching, most of them....and from there it will extract and put it immediately on your computer.
        Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

Originally posted by DUNBAR View Post
          Download Real Player's latest software and anywhere you go on the net, you'll see the download bar show up at the top right corner of any video you're watching, most of them....and from there it will extract and put it immediately on your computer.
          Dunbar, thanks for the suggestion. I found the free download site but the minimum system requirements were too great for my old computer. I only have 128mb of ram. I would like to know if anyones else has luck with using this method to download a YouTube video to their computer and then burning it to a CD or DVD? Some real nice music videos on You Tube, just watched two different live versions of "Heart of the Night " by Poco.

Comment

Originally posted by Frankiarmz View Post
            I was wondering if there was a way to download it to my computer so I could burn it to a CD as a MPEG? That way I could play it on my tv. I'm thinking music videos. Couldn't figure it out.
            Exactly what I wanted to know for.
            Buy cheap, buy twice.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
              First off Dunbar knows what he is talking about regarding the Realplayer. Even though my computer is only half the required speed (Ram)I went to realplayercafe.com and downloaded the free player. When all finished I went to Youtube and when I got to one of my music videos sure enough there in the right hand corner was a icon that said "download this video". I clicked on it and although it took a long time I was able to download it. I then got off the Internet and got my CD burner program up and running. I found the video clip and burnt it as Data on a cd. Unfortunately it was burnt as a Flash video and the only place I can play it is on my computer through the real player program. Now I have to figure out if there is a way to convert the file to MPEG? I'm getting closer.

Comment

Originally posted by gear junkie View Post
                Alright Gearjunkie, after a couple hours of working on this problem here is what I figured out. Youtube videos are flash video format FLV, in order to listen to them on a cd player or watch them on a ipod you must convert them to MP3 or MPEG4 files. This can be done through several online sites by copying the URL of the video and then pasting it on the site such as vixy.net
                The site converts the Youtube flash format to whatever you want and then you download that file to your computer. For me the process is way too long cause my computer is a member of AARP and qualifies for Medicare. I wish you better luck with this process. It would be a hell of a lot easier if Youtube videos were already in MP3 or MPEG4 format, but no such luck. You can also buy programs to convert from that flash FLV to something usable. Good luck.
                I'm fried.

Comment

if you use FireFox then you may want to consider some of the add-ons.
                  In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Working...
                  X