X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Many Mouse Clicks = Pain

My right hand and wrist (OK in my case paw) has been kind of tender and painful at times. It's from too many mouse clicks so I'm trying to go left handed when I can and also use my PC less now. I really don't want to end up with carpel tunnel syndrome problems if I can help it.

To everyone, please do pay attention to those strange little pains.

Re: Too Many Mouse Clicks = Pain

I do that too. I spend a good portion of my day on the computer at work, so when I'm home I use my mouse on the opposite hand to give the other a rest.
    ---------------
    Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
    ---------------
    “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
    ---------
    "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
    ---------
    sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

You might find using a track ball works better for you. I hate them, but I know some people like them because there is less wrist movement. If you need to go to a doctor and discuss it with them, they might also have good suggestions [at least for people who can't avoid it].

Comment

I've tried a couple track balls over the years. Could never get comfortable using one. I have three sitting on the shelf if you want one. They're all serial connections though.
        ---------------
        Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
        ---------------
        “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
        ---------
        "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
        ---------
        sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

I have used the "Wacom Intuos 2" for a few years now (4 or 5) for the same complaint, wrist pain.

The "Bamboo Fun" is a good buy for general mouse replacement. 3 X 5 inch is a perfect size and it comes with a pen (stylus) plus a mouse. The learning curve is small to none.

I never leave home without it.

http://www.wacom.com/index2.php

Better deals available. DAGS

I don't work there, know anyone there and they didn't get a Christmas card from me.

Comment

I got a Wacom tablet (earlier in the year before our company went on expense controls); and have found it very useful for Microsoft Netmeeting whiteboards. On a conference call, you can actually draw stuff reasonably as if you were both looking at a white board, sometimes a diagram is worth 1000 words.

Comment

Why use a mouse? Most of the commands can be accessed by tab, Ctrl or Alt commands. It takes a bit of digging, but is much faster in the end.

Comment

Originally posted by Handidad View Post
                Why use a mouse? Most of the commands can be accessed by tab, Ctrl or Alt commands. It takes a bit of digging, but is much faster in the end.

I'm slowly learning how to do the above, just because whenever you pull your hands from the keys, you slow down.
                Northern Kentucky Plumbers Twitter Feed | Plumbing Videos

Comment

I find it hard just turning the stupid thing on. I'm just not a computer type guy. Red
                  Red

Comment

Hp Now makes the "touch smart"

That may help you
                    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Yeah, the Touch Smart is actually something that I like.

Comment

The guy who taught me about computers back in the 80’s used to say: “Friends don’t let friends use the mouse.” He then proceeded to teach me all manner of keyboard shortcuts. You can find lists of them all over the Internet. Two I use all the time are:
                        Windows key + E (opens file explorer)
                        Windows key + M (takes you to the desktop)
                        Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                        I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                        My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Just found this link that explains more Win key functions. They do mention that using the mouse can cause RSI.

http://blog.webgk.com/2007/09/window...shortcuts.html

Comment

Working...
                          X