Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netbook ANYone?

Anyone have a netbook yet?

Mine will be delivered on Monday ( Christmas gift from Mom )

What is a netbook?

Basically a mid point between a laptop and PDA

No dick drive, BUT flash drive and USB

9" screen , plus wireless etc

If your someone like me that does everything from a web based platform ( blog , email. chat on forums etc ) This might be perfect for the dudes like me who couldnt deal with the blackberry because they have "sausage fingers"

Plus is like 2 pounds, 4 hour battery life etc , built in webcam

Perfect for the traveler

Crap I should be a rep

and only $350 and up

Have a look
    Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
    New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Re: Netbook ANYone?

last year i listened to this forum for gift advise and joey ended up with a toto washlet

so thanks, but no thanks for the gift ideas

p.s. anyone interested in an already gift wrapped bidet toilet seat

rick.
    phoebe it is

Comment

That looks like it would be good for kids; especially if they made a tablet style version where the screen flips.

Comment

Originally posted by PLUMBER RICK View Post
        last year i listened to this forum for gift advise and joey ended up with a toto washlet

so thanks, but no thanks for the gift ideas

p.s. anyone interested in an already gift wrapped bidet toilet seat

rick.
        hehe

Originally posted by cpw View Post
        That looks like it would be good for kids; especially if they made a tablet style version where the screen flips.
        You callin me a kid ?....lol
        Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Nope, just thinking that it would be good for my son to watch movies on when we want to use the real TV.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
            Nope, just thinking that it would be good for my son to watch movies on when we want to use the real TV.
            Oh yea, It would be ,

Less parts to break , for instance to cd drive etc

When I get it on Monday I will take a video and pictures and post more ,I am SUPER excited

I like laptops as well and have had many , but I mostly develop from my desktop, I went the laptop route and it was too big, I got the blackberry and hated the small keys with m sausage fingers, so now I will try a netbook and usb modem for on the go.

Kinda like the three bears story but with computers

Comment

Okay I am posting this on my new Dell Mini 9. Other than it being tough getting use to key positions it seems pretty neat. So here is what it came with

1 GB memory
              16 GB hard drive
              1.3 mp camera
              WAN card slot

So far I have loaded Microsoft Office Ultimate which took half of the hard drive. I am also carrying a 120 GB WD Passport hard drive.

I'm sure I will have a ton of questions for you guys later but for right now what is a WAN cared slot and what in the heck do I do with it?

Mark
              "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

so please tell me how i ended up with 3 acer 8.9'' lap tops this christmas

joey loved the blue one i got her for christmas

i bought a black one for myself

but when she found out that they came in pink she wanted that one instead.

so i'll keep the blue one for myself

anyone interested in a brand new, still in the sealed shipping box acer aspire 1 with 160 gig h.d. and 1 gig ram with a 6 cell battery that runs for 5-6 hours. it does have a web cam. 6 in1 card reader and sd expansion slot. 3 usb ports and a network port.
                the thing that they don't have is a dvd/cd drive.

as soon as i load my plumbing software program. i'll be using the blue one as my new work computer.

so yes, joey is happy with this years choice.

buy the bidet seat and i'll throw in the computer

it's a win, win deal

rick.
                phoebe it is

Comment

what is a WAN cared slot and what in the heck do I do with it?
                  Sounds like a Wide Area Network (WAN) card slot. Does it have built-in wireless and/or Bluetooth or are these services provided by a card which you insert into this slot? I see a card slot on the side of the front left corner, is this the slot you are referring to? Or is that a media card slot for CF & SD cards?

Looks like two USB ports on the left and another on the right side, along with Ethernet, external monitor(VGA out), audio in and out also on the right side.
                  ---------------
                  Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                  ---------------
                  “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                  ---------
                  "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                  ---------
                  sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                    Okay I am posting this on my new Dell Mini 9. Other than it being tough getting use to key positions it seems pretty neat. So here is what it came with

1 GB memory
                    16 GB hard drive
                    1.3 mp camera
                    WAN card slot

So far I have loaded Microsoft Office Ultimate which took half of the hard drive. I am also carrying a 120 GB WD Passport hard drive.

I'm sure I will have a ton of questions for you guys later but for right now what is a WAN cared slot and what in the heck do I do with it?

Mark

That is hardly anything. My pink one came with 160 GB hard drive Maybe you are still getting use to the keys
                    I love my plumber

"My Hero"

Welcome, Phoebe Jacqueline!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                      Sounds like a Wide Area Network (WAN) card slot. Does it have built-in wireless and/or Bluetooth or are these services provided by a card which you insert into this slot? I see a card slot on the side of the front left corner, is this the slot you are referring to? Or is that a media card slot for CF & SD cards?

Looks like two USB ports on the left and another on the right side, along with Ethernet, external monitor(VGA out), audio in and out also on the right side.
                      The WAN card slot is on the mother board. The Bluetooth and wireless are also built in. The slot is a card reader.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by MrsSeatDown View Post
                        That is hardly anything. My pink one came with 160 GB hard drive Maybe you are still getting use to the keys
                        Dell uses small hard drives because it is only a netbook. In addition, because they use solid state drives there is no fan so they are silent.

Mark

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
                          Dell uses small hard drives because it is only a netbook. In addition, because they use solid state drives there is no fan so they are silent.

Mark
                          see joey, i told you my hard drive was bigger than marks

rick.
                          phoebe it is

Comment

Working...
                          X