New Firefox 3.0.6 Browser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Firefox 3.0.6 Browser

I tried several times to download it today only to find their server to run very slow. I did manage to get it OK but you need to allow lots of download time. I think maybe tomorrow or Friday it will go quicker.

Any comments? Attempts gone bad or good?

Re: New Firefox 3.0.6 Browser

Originally posted by Woussko View Post
    I tried several times to download it today only to find their server to run very slow. I did manage to get it OK but you need to allow lots of download time. I think maybe tomorrow or Friday it will go quicker.

Any comments? Attempts gone bad or good?
    Firefox is more secure. I thought version 3.0.6 was still beta?

I've had 3-4 people come to me with Browser Highjackers lately. The minute they get on line the mouse moves around by itself and clicks on download buttons etc. They have NO control. The only way I have been able to cure this is to go to www.majorgeeks.com or CNet.com and download Avast anti virus, the free version. It has an option to scan at bootup before the OS is loaded. So it seems to catch just about all the junk people seem to collect. That includes Browser Highjackers and Trojan Horses etc. It amazes me how people run their machines without a thought regarding viruses and Spyware. Spyware Blaster is another good anti spyware program that prevents spyware from instaling itself, just need to update it every few days.

Folks are buying laptops in a big way now. Trouble is most have an un-secure wireless connection or use WEP which is easely hackable. Best to use WPA or better yet WPA2 if youe network card will support it.

Buck

Comment

Working...
    X