X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FireFox Or Internet Explorer?

I use Firefox but don't really know what the differences are.

Comment

I remembered reading a review done by lifehacker that ran some benchmarks on every browser currently available, the data does not account for most recent versions though.

http://lifehacker.com/5055406/browse...o+date-results

in short, it basically shows that IE performs worse than all other browser options available, and there's no clear winner in all categories among the alternatives.

One other thing I'd like to add about firefox, if you use your computer all day with the browser open, firefox will progressively use more resources over time. Completely closing firefox and reopening it will get it running speedy again if you were noticing slow downs.

Comment

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/new..._ie_8_download

Firefox and Chrome are indeed great browsers, though I found an interesting article regarding microsoft and IE 8. Personally I find little impressive with IE 8, though I have downloaded it since Microsoft has pledged the equivalent cost of 8 meals to feed the hungry. They just require download, not using it instead of something better.

Comment

I just checked some stats I have and here are the results,

Most people are still using IE.
          Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
          New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Originally posted by EasyEman View Post
            I use Firefox but don't really know what the differences are.
            FIREfox eats memory and display's CSS different then IE Good Times
            Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV

Comment

Firefox has gotten better with memory management when you have multiple tabs open, but it is indeed fond of eating your memory. There are however great plugins like Adblock Plus and Flashblock that make it worth the extra resources I think.

As for IE still having the lead in terms of browser usage, that's mainly because it is the default browser that comes with windows, and most beginners or people who use computers very little don't know that there are options to IE

Just saw that Firefox 3.5 beta release candidate is available now for anyone who wants to adopt it early. http://gizmodo.com/5293699/firefox-3...-available-now
              Last edited by wathman; 06-17-2009, 09:03 AM.

Comment

The plugins for FF are great. I use Adblock and Noscript. I just got one that lets me download Flash video from sites like Youtube and save it in numerous formats. I can then throw that video onto the memory card for my phone. The screen is small, but it's entertaining for a while.

I'm forced to use IE at work and generally hate it. FF at home, of course.

Comment

Firefox is better than sliced bread.

Tony

Comment

Firefox is good sometimes but it is very slow
                    rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Opera.

J.C.

Comment

I am actually starting to use Chrome more and more now,

Comment

Originally posted by henrythomas
                          hello,

First I had used Internet Explorer but when Fire fox came in the market , I left the Internet Explorer. I'm happy with the performance of the Firefox.

Have you tried Google Chrome yet?

I like it way better then firefox as far as speed and memory use.

Comment

Working...
                          X