• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FireFox Or Internet Explorer?

Which browser do you use?

Internet explorer or Firefox?

I use Firefox

Re: FireFox Or Internet Explorer?

Google Chrome, then Firefox (on Linux), then IE (because when I click a link in my corporate email application it goes to IE).

Comment

How you liking Chrome?

I have used it a bit and think its neat,

Comment

It is nice and speedy.

Comment

Originally posted by cpw View Post
          It is nice and speedy.
          Sweet, Yea, I think I am going to start using that full time soon.

Does chrome let you import bookmarks etc ?

Comment

importing bookmarks shouldn't be a problem. I think I saw a blog post somewhere that Chrome 2.0 is available now. There weren't any huge feature changes, they said some site rendering speeds were improved, there's a true full screen mode, and maybe a few other little things.

I use mostly Chrome, but occasionally I come across a website it doesn't play nice with and have to use IE. Also, some of the custom web based applications my company uses doesn't work properly in Chrome so I have to keep IE around for that reason.

Comment

The Fox

Comment

Originally posted by Josh View Post
                The Fox
                Awesome, I have this great marketing idea for Ridgid and FF , I will have to tell you

Comment

Firefox at home and Safari on the phone.

IE7 here at work.
                  Steve
                  www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

IE on one machine, Chrome on the other.
                    Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
                    I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
                    My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

firefox

first i heard of chrome, ill have to check it out

Comment

It's great to see everyone discussing this topic

Hi all,
                        I am new to the forum and feel great to see that this type of topic is even being discussed. I am a software developer who started working with contractors in late 2005. Many people told me that I was crazy to try to provide solutions to contractors since no one cares, or understands, etc. While this type of question was common just a few years ago for other industries, it would never have come up in this industries. Forums like this make me really feel that I made the right decision since its obvious that you all are looking to be ahead of the others who still do not get what it takes to be ahead. Thanks for the motivation. I have some statistics to provide based on visitors to my site, and I will check back in later so that you can see more details from another perspective. Good luck all.
                        Brian

Comment

Definitely Firefox it is better than I.E any given day....
                          88 Lifestyle

Comment

Statistics for FireFox vs Internet Explorer

Hi all,

86.6% of the last 23,000 visitors to our site (as of February 21, 2009) where using IE. 10.7% use Firefox and 1.7% use Safari. The breakdown of IE versions to our site is:
                            Version 7 is 91.72%
                            Version 6 is 7.76%
                            Version 8 is .49%
                            Version 5.5 is .03%
                            Version 5.0 is .01%

Out of the 10.7% that use Firefox, the vast majority have indicated that they will use two browsers when it comes to switching between applications since most contractors do not seem to care about the specific differences.

I admit there are some times that we loose a customer simply becuase the browser is that important to them, but it is rare.

My suggestion is to decide what is needed for your business and then use the appropriate browser for that functionality, then use whatever browser you need for other tasks that may not be that relevant to your business day.

There are a lot of fish to fry in a business day and the browser shouldn't be an obstacle to making any application decisions. Good luck all.
                            Brian

Comment

FireFox. Started using Chrome, but switched back (out of habit, not performance).

Comment

Working...
                              X