Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Get Your Inboxes Ready: Marketing E-mails Expected to More Than Double in Five Years

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get Your Inboxes Ready: Marketing E-mails Expected to More Than Double in Five Years

Marketing E-mails Expected to More Than Double in Five Years

Source:

http://adage.com/article?article_id=137353

NEW YORK (AdAge.com) -- If you think you're getting a lot of junk in your inbox now, just wait a couple of years.

In its latest study, Forrester Research projects that consumers will receive more than 9,000 e-mail marketing messages a year by 2014. That translates to about 25 messages a day, double the average of 10 to 12 people deal with today. According to the study, spending on e-mail marketing will hit $2 billion in five years, nearly double the projected 2009 spending of $1.2 billion.

Oh great , Like we need more JUNK MAIL!!!!

Re: Get Your Inboxes Ready: Marketing E-mails Expected to More Than Double in Five Ye

If that isn't bad enough, that article is only talking about projected marketing emails that were sent to addresses obtained legally, as in the case where a representative of the company asked you for your email address, or it was filled in on a form somewhere by you personally. There are probably 10 times as many spammers out there that have obtained your address in an unscrupulous way and are sending junk mail without your consent.

If you don't already know how to, set up some personalized filters to cut down on junk clogging your inbox. Also, start treating your email address like your home address. If you're required to enter an email address on a web page, make sure it's going to be sent on a secure connection. There are web crawling programs out there that scour the web, constantly looking for new targets to send spam mail to.

Comment

Re: Get Your Inboxes Ready: Marketing E-mails Expected to More Than Double in Five Ye

Originally posted by wathman View Post

Also, start treating your email address like your home address. .
      Well said, I agree 100000% with that for sure.

Comment

I guess that means it's a good time to invest in anti-spyware software companies, and companies that write spam filters... I'll start looking for emails from them.
        Measure TWICE - Cut ONCE! 'Cause the Lumber Stretcher is broken!
        I'd throw more things away, but I'm afraid someone might want them...
        My DIY and HOW To Articles and Videos

Comment

Working...
        X