X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Favorites Bar

Thought I'd share this. I have my favorites bar permenantly pinned to my web browser's open web page (IE8). After I post in a thread, I click on the link for Ridgid Plumbing Forum instead of hitting the back button a couple of times. The back button won't show your new posts unless you refresh the browser page. Makes a quick way back. Anyone have any favorite shortcuts they use? It doesn't necessarily have to pertain to this forum.

Re: Favorites Bar

my method is to click on new posts at the main page, and then go down the list and right click and ether open in new tab or window normally new window, and when I get to the bottom of the ones that interest me, I read them, I usually open up the pictures in new tabs and that way a thread is all together, and makes it easy to navigate, IMO.
    Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
    attributed to Samuel Johnson
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Since the refresh button in browsers has been shrinking with every new version it seems, the F5 key for refresh is pretty handy. This is also useful for stubborn DVDs or flash drives that don't want to show up in "My Computer", F5 forces a refresh there also.

Comment

I use FireFox BUT I also have RIDGID on my "tabs" for sure ;-)

Way faster to just hit the Favicon

Comment

I never got the hang of tabbed browsers. I've tried 'em but just didn't care for them. I guess I'm just too used to IE. I have Google Chrome, Maxthon and Opera installed as well, but I stick with IE for the most part.

Comment

Originally posted by killavolt View Post
            I never got the hang of tabbed browsers. I've tried 'em but just didn't care for them. I guess I'm just too used to IE.
            IE 8 you mentioned you use is a tabbed browser.

Some useful shortcuts I use a lot (they are valid in IE and Firefox):

ALT + D highlights text in address bar and allows for direct address entry
            CTR + + Zoom page IN (make objects and text appear bigger)
            CTR + - Zoom page OUT (make objects and text appear smaller)
            CTRL + T Open new tab
            In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Originally posted by darius View Post
              IE 8 you mentioned you use is a tabbed browser.

Some useful shortcuts I use a lot (they are valid in IE and Firefox):

ALT + D highlights text in address bar and allows for direct address entry
              CTR + + Zoom page IN (make objects and text appear bigger)
              CTR + - Zoom page OUT (make objects and text appear smaller)
              CTRL + T Open new tab
              While it's true that IE 8 is a tabbed browser, I have optioned out of using that feature as I did with IE 7 as well. I might give it another try though if I can remember how to reconfigure it.

Comment

Working...
              X