X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandboxie anyone?

Has anyone had any expeience with using Sasndboxie? It looks great and impossible to beat but I read an article yesterday which said that it has many flaws. Anyone use it?
    I work for a flooring company providing wood flooring

Re: Sandboxie anyone?

you can essentially do the same thing with VMware, though not sure if this is available free. It is also possible to do something similar with windows 7 professional if you have a valid windows XP license. You will be able to create a virtual windows XP instance within windows 7 professional, mainly for support of legacy programs, but it should be able to function as a "disposable OS" for web browsing and such.

Comment

Re: Sandboxie anyone?

Sandboxie is not an OS/hypervisor level virtualization app, but a application/file system virtualization application. Virtualizing at the OS level requires more resources, disk space, etc as you will essentially be running a full second copy of your OS.

With Sandboxie, it runs the application in its own virtual container separate from the computers real file system/registry.

VMware has a similar product called ThinApp that allows you to virtualize just about any application into a single portable EXE file. For example, I have IE as a single 50 meg file that operates independantly from my OS.

Comment

Working...
      X