X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LCD or CRT Monitor?

The reason for buying my 50" viera panasonic was, it was made in Japan and not in China where a lot of electrical crap comes from, and that LCD's uses more power as the plasma pixals are turning on and off as needed where with the LCD they are on all the time, and that the plasma is better with fast action movies where the LCD image blurs, but everyone has there own opinions

Tony

Comment

I agree with all you said on Plasma vs LCD except the power consumption. The LCD pixels act more like shutters on tiny windows, the power needed to set them to open or closed is negligible. Most of the power consumption from an LCD comes from the CCFL backlighting, which wasn't too bad to begin with. Now that the high end LCD market is moving towards LED backlighting, they are even more energy efficient. The best models even have regional LED dimming that will turn off LEDs for black segments of images, reducing power consumption more, and improving deep black levels also.

Plasma is a great technology, but it hasn't advanced as much as LCD tech has in the past few years. Since we're seeing the first entries of OLED and Laser for large screen displays, it's only a matter of time before these could displace LCDs and Plasmas in the market.

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
        the plasma is better with fast action movies
        That's just great. Now I need a plasma for fast action and an LCD for slow, romantic scenes.
        In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Will someone tell Rick when placing a photo please use less pixals as scolling from left to right to read this thread is bloody annoying.

Tony

Comment

tony, it was taken by a 2mp camera phone and emailed to me.

why such a large format?

i'll go back and resize it

rick.
            phoebe it is

Comment

Originally posted by AFM View Post
              Will someone tell Rick when placing a photo please use less pixals as scolling from left to right to read this thread is bloody annoying.

Tony

AGreed ;-)

@Josh, You should install that "re size" image plugin so large images don't break the borwser
              Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
              New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

I think a refurbished LCD is better than CRT.. The quality is better and the price is cheaper..
                rockwell sonicraft |rockwell sonicrafter|fein fmm blade |power tool|Fein top|tools

Comment

Originally posted by peerawit View Post
                  I think a refurbished LCD is better than
                  CRT.. The quality is better and the price is cheaper..
                  LCD'S don't have TRUE color like a CRT, you need a plasma
                  Help With Your Pool Or Spa Pump?►WeT HeaD Pump Repair ► Watch Me On YouTube: Pool & Spa Pump Repair TV
                  New: Pump Repair MagazineNew: Pool & Spa Pump Repair Forums

Comment

Working...
                  X