X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Google Picasa

I have just come across google picasa from a friend who emailed me with some photo's and am woundering if it is worth downloading onto my computer,

Tony

Re: Google Picasa

Some people like it if they have lots of photos to manage, otherwise I don't see much point to it.

Comment

I consider it a decent picture browser with some very basic editing features.
      If you're not heavily into graphics but just want to organize your pictures then it's one of the best software titles for the job.

I used it when I need to scour some 30,000 photographs in my collection. It still takes time but Picasa allows to browse the content of a folder and its subfolders without the need to click into the subfolders.
      In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

If you need a very powerful image/photo editor, but don't want to buy adobe photoshop, try using GIMP. http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

It can do maybe 80% of what Photoshop can do, and is completely free since it's open source software. You will deal with an occasional bug in the interface, but they release code updates for it all the time. Just note that like photoshop, you have to learn how to use it. There's a lot of tools and settings that have to be mastered to get the effects you want.

Comment

I second wathman's suggestion. The gimp is a great program and absolutely free without any of the stupid typical spyware.

Originally posted by wathman View Post
          If you need a very powerful image/photo editor, but don't want to buy adobe photoshop, try using GIMP. http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

It can do maybe 80% of what Photoshop can do, and is completely free since it's open source software. You will deal with an occasional bug in the interface, but they release code updates for it all the time. Just note that like photoshop, you have to learn how to use it. There's a lot of tools and settings that have to be mastered to get the effects you want.

Comment

Gee I hate that word GIMP it reminds me of Bruce Willis in Pulp Fiction in the basement of that shop and you know what comes next.

Tony

Comment

I use Picasa and one of the features that I like most is the ease of emailing pictures from it. It automatically resizes them to a more email friendly size (about 40K). Also it has a photo editing feature called "I feel lucky" that does a pretty good job of improving some not so good pictures. I had some old family pictures that I had scanned into JPG format. Most were slightly faded and not too sharp. Running them through the "I feel lucky" feature made a great improvement in them.
              When seconds count, the police are only minutes away.

Comment

Google Picasa is an image organizer and also image viewer for organizing and editing any digital photos, plus an integrated photo-sharing website and originally created by a company named Lifescape. Google Picasa is a blend of the name of Spanish painter Pablo Picasso and the phrase mi casa for "my house", and "pic" for pictures special art. In July 2004, Google acquired Picasa from its original author and also began offering it as freeware.
                tankless water heaters

Comment

Working...
                X