X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer Monitor TV

What should one look for to do double duty using a computer monitor as your TV also?

In a larger format. 30"+.

Thanks.

J.C.

Re: Computer Monitor TV

Any LCD monitor can be used as a TV monitor. Of course you will need a TV tuner hooked up to your computer.

One consideration, though not critical, is the resolution of the monitor. Older LCD monitors offer resolutions that are close in their aspect ratio to proper TV monitors, but not exactly the same. I don't remember the exact values but for the same horizontal resolution TVs will have less pixels vertically.
    In order to understand recursion, one must first understand recursion.

Comment

Here is a Samsung 26" LCD with a built in TV tuner http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...239&CatId=1046
      Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
      A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
      Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
      Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

Any LCD monitor can be used as a TV monitor. Of course you will need a TV tuner hooked up to your computer.

One consideration, though not critical, is the resolution of the monitor. Older LCD monitors offer resolutions that are close in their aspect ratio to proper TV monitors, but not exactly the same. I don't remember the exact values but for the same horizontal resolution TVs will have less pixels vertically.

Yeah there would be a little difference in a bigger monitor.....

Scan your computer with PC Cleaner Pro to identify slowdown issues and fixing them with one click of a button.
        PC Cleaner

Comment

I am using tft monitor as my TV screen with adding a TV tuner with it & it work fantastic.
          appliance repair san diego
          refrigerator repair san diego

Comment

Working...
          X