X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cable adaptor

looking for a cable or adaptor that can go computer monitor plug (laptap) to rca so i can hook it into the dvd player in the van.
    is there such a beast? when traveling i'd like the kids to watch netfix in the van. i have a couple of hundred dvds but i'd also like to have this feature available as well.
    the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Re: cable adaptor

Originally posted by Jerad View Post
    looking for a cable or adaptor that can go computer monitor plug (laptap) to rca so i can hook it into the dvd player in the van.
    is there such a beast? when traveling i'd like the kids to watch netfix in the van. i have a couple of hundred dvds but i'd also like to have this feature available as well.
    It's not too hard to find a VGA to RCA cable but you often need more than that depending on what you are trying to do.

Mark
    "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Re: cable adapter

you may need a convert box to change the out put to analog TV signals.

called a "PC to TV convert box", the one we use in the sound room at our Church is powered off a USB port.

It uses a monitors type cable to it, and has out puts for RCA and S video,
      Last edited by BHD; 12-20-2009, 12:44 PM.
      Push sticks/blocks Save Fingers
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      "The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good."
      attributed to Samuel Johnson
      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
      PUBLIC NOTICE: Due to recent budget cuts, the rising cost of electricity, gas, and oil...plus the current state of the economy............the light at the end of the tunnel, has been turned off.

Comment

Here you go.
        http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...6659&CatId=467

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.as...ingid=39771804
        Ron Hasil Lic #058-160417
        A-Archer Sewer & Plumbing specializing in:
        Tankless Water Heaters | Drain and Sewer Cleaning
        Sump and Ejector Pumps | Backflow RPZ Testing

Comment

You mentioned that the main reason was for Netflix. Netflix only allows streaming. That means that without a fast internet connection, There will be no netflix.

I have transfered all of my DVDs into MPEG files, each movie takes up about 1Gig on my hard drive, 320Gigs on my laptop is plenty of room for my DVD library when I'm away from home.

That adapter in the previous post is perfect for most recent laptops, not all of them have NTSC capability through the VGA or DVI port. Check your manual before you order. Also check to see which port is on your laptop, either VGA or DVI.

Comment

we have internet in the van unlimited use. $60 a month.
            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Working...
            X