How Do I Use The Search Feature

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How Do I Use The Search Feature

I just searched double word root ranger and got what I needed all the way back to 2006.
    Has it always been like this.
    I thought I remembered it being the way Bob D. explained it,anytime both words were mentioned together or apart.
    I'm spun
    Either way I feel confident in getting what I'm looking for.

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
      By using the terms - pressure washer hose - I got 138 results (too much to read)

By using the terms - pressure washer hose replacement - I got 6 results including one you started in July 07.

By using the terms - pressure washer hose kink - I got 5 results but only one had to do with the washer hose.

The more information you put in your search the fewer results you will get. If you don't find what you want you can always take information out of your search but you will have more reading.

Mark
      Me too.

J.C.

Comment

I much prefer Google as a search engine but I doubt there are any web site templates that come with anything close to Google so you have to try to work around what is available.

Mark
        "Somewhere a Village is Missing Twelve Idiots!" - Casey Anthony

I never lost a cent on the jobs I didn't get!

Comment

Originally posted by ToUtahNow View Post
          By using the terms - pressure washer hose - I got 138 results (too much to read)

By using the terms - pressure washer hose replacement - I got 6 results including one you started in July 07.

By using the terms - pressure washer hose kink - I got 5 results but only one had to do with the washer hose.

The more information you put in your search the fewer results you will get. If you don't find what you want you can always take information out of your search but you will have more reading.

Mark
          This is the method I use here and on Google. I try to bound my search without being too restrictive, but if I get nothing or only a couple of hits, then I expand my search by removing one of the limiting keywords. Sometimes reversing the order of the words can help, or thinking in terms of how a computer would filter can help. Start with the broadest keyword first, then follow with more restrictive keywords, example below

CAR [very wide search, millions of hits]

CAR, GM [OK, now we should only see stuff that mentions GM]

CAR, GM, SEDAN [Only stuff about GM sedans]

CAR, GM, SEDAN, V8 [Only hits about GM V8 Sedans]

Reminds me of the way item short descriptions are formatted for Military Equipment and NATO Stock Numbers (NSNs).

Like: Rifle, Caliber 5.56 mm, M16
          or Truck, Cargo, 2-1/2 Ton, M35
          "It's a table saw, do you know where your fingers are?" Bob D. 2006

https://www.youtube.com/user/PowerToolInstitute

Comment

Working...
          X