X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iPad

OK its been released who's got one and what do you think of it.

Tony

Re: iPad

I have to use two hands to hold it up to my ear.

Comment

Originally posted by drtyhands View Post
      I have to use two hands to hold it up to my ear.
      Now come on Drtyhands spelt with no " i " its not an iphone which I have and is the greatest since sliced bread its an iPAD put on your glasses.

Tony

Comment

I checked out the Ipad on Saturday night at the local Apple store. It was light-weight, portable and I was able to surf the net fast as long as you have Wifi. The 3G versions will be released later this month. Buying the Ipad is buying into a relatively restrictive system compared to PCs because one has to download or purchase the optional applications from Apple to make the Ipad into something more than a e-reader or surfing tool. Apple decided not to make the Ipad flash video compatible so one may not view certain websites until they convert.

I found this on the net this morning: The Ipad Backlash Begins: "After having slept with her, I am having morning-after regrets"

http://www.businessinsider.com/henry...+Alley+Insider)

Comment

[QUOTE=reConx;291271]I checked out the Ipad on Saturday night at the local Apple store. It was light-weight, portable and I was able to surf the net fast as long as you have Wifi. The 3G versions will be released later this month. Buying the Ipad is buying into a relatively restrictive system compared to PCs because one has to download or purchase the optional applications from Apple to make the Ipad into something more than a e-reader or surfing tool. Apple decided not to make the Ipad flash video compatible so one may not view certain websites until they convert.

I found this on the net this morning: The Ipad Backlash Begins: "After having slept with her, I am having morning-after regrets"

Yes I knew it did`n have a usb port and was wi fi I think I`ll waite and see what happens with the next version in a year or so as I think Job`s will add what people demand or it will go the way of the dow dow.

Tony

Comment

Are you talking about feminine hygiene products?

J.C.

Comment

Originally posted by JCsPlumbing View Post
              Are you talking about feminine hygiene products?

J.C.
              Stop beating around the bush J.C. apple products are nearly as good as sex.

Tony

Comment

If it had a cd-rom it would beat any netbook outhere

Comment

[QUOTE=AFM;291367]
                  Originally posted by reConx View Post
                  Yes I knew it did`n have a usb port and was wi fi
                  Tony

The dongle on the left provides USB connectivity, the one on the right accepts memory cards used in digital photography. The iPad comes with a Dock connector to USB cable adaptor so you can connect to your computer.

In the box
                  • iPad
                  • Dock Connector to USB Cable
                  • 10W USB Power Adapter
                  • Documentation

Comment

Originally posted by cisco1138 View Post

The dongle on the left provides USB connectivity, the one on the right accepts memory cards used in digital photography. The iPad comes with a Dock connector to USB cable adaptor so you can connect to your computer
                    Those connectors can make the Ipad more useful but what else can you use from your PC into the Ipad besides music/pics? When I connected my Ipod Touch to my PC for the first time it sync with my PC so fast it felt like it took my music/picture files without my permission.

Comment

I've heard people are thrilled with their 10 hour iFad run times.

Wow, my wife has a Kindle and it runs for WEEKS w/o a recharge and she uses it for over 2 hours a day reading books. Plus it has FREE web surfing (though slower) whereas the iFad 3G will cost you $20/mo to surf where an AT&T cellular signal is available. Plus books cost more than they do from Amazon (it was the only way they could attract publishers, have YOU pay more for books than the low cost deals that Amazon had cut with publishers). Plus you can view PDFs on the Kindle and since you can save just about any MS-Office doc as a PDF you can view them on the Kindle. Did I mention she got it for Christmas (from you know who) and she has only recharged it three times to date and uses it every day.
                      ---------------
                      Light is faster than sound. That's why some people seem really bright until you hear them speak.
                      ---------------
                      “If I had my life to live over again, I'd be a plumber.” - Albert Einstein
                      ---------
                      "Its a table saw.... Do you know where your fingers are?"
                      ---------
                      sigpic http://www.helmetstohardhats.com/

Comment

Yeah Bob, does she like it?

How the IPad will change culture and technology I can only begin to imagine. But it has opened a door that no one knew existed.

Just like the IPod.

I bought my wife an IPod Nano a couple of years ago. She looked at it and asked me what she was going to use it for. It is an exception if I don't see her wearing her ear buds these days. She is completely hooked on podcasts.

Tablets are here and the first generation offering is impressive. Let's see what the competition brings to market.

Comment

[QUOTE=cisco1138;291456]
                          Originally posted by AFM View Post

The dongle on the left provides USB connectivity, the one on the right accepts memory cards used in digital photography. The iPad comes with a Dock connector to USB cable adaptor so you can connect to your computer.

In the box
                          • iPad
                          • Dock Connector to USB Cable
                          • 10W USB Power Adapter
                          • Documentation
                          Well I would like to thank you for the imput as I was under the impression after reading and looking at reviews that the ipad had no usb connectivity but evidently their wrong and if your right it changes everything and I will be buying one later this month when they come to Australia.

Tony

Comment

Originally posted by reConx View Post
                            When I connected my Ipod Touch to my PC for the first time it sync with my PC so fast it felt like it took my music/picture files without my permission.
                            it is called rape. then it is sent to Steve,(secretly) to sell you apps and other stuff you really don't need.
                            the only dumb question is the one that is not asked!

Comment

Originally posted by Bob D. View Post
                              I've heard people are thrilled with their 10 hour iFad run times.

Wow, my wife has a Kindle and it runs for WEEKS w/o a recharge and she uses it for over 2 hours a day reading books. Plus it has FREE web surfing (though slower) whereas the iFad 3G will cost you $20/mo to surf where an AT&T cellular signal is available. Plus books cost more than they do from Amazon (it was the only way they could attract publishers, have YOU pay more for books than the low cost deals that Amazon had cut with publishers). Plus you can view PDFs on the Kindle and since you can save just about any MS-Office doc as a PDF you can view them on the Kindle. Did I mention she got it for Christmas (from you know who) and she has only recharged it three times to date and uses it every day.

I need my umbrella to avoid the above dripping with sarcasm.

One nice feature is that Amazon has written a Kindle application for the iPad, so all those Amazon books and anything converted to be readable on the kindle works on Kindle for iPad.

I've been using an application for years, first on my Palm and then on the iPhone which also works for the iPad, called Docs to Go. Using it, you can read/write Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, PDF, and other format files, all for $10.

AT&T's 3G access fees are $15 for most users (up to 250 GB/month) and $30 for unlimited, but wifi is free at any hotspot, so getting the 3G version isn't really necessary.

And from what I've read, that 10 hours people are getting is using it watching movies, using graphic intensive applications, games, etc. Simply reading, where you would have the screen intensity lower (adjustable right in the iBook or Kindle reader) it should last much longer. Standby is supposed to be several weeks if I remember correctly, so just reading a couple hours a day should last quite some time.

I sure see a use for one. I don't have a laptop computer, and the iPad seems like it does most of what a laptop is used for at a lower cost, less expensive software, and more portable. If I had a laptop, I probably wouldn't consider it.
                              Steve
                              www.MorrisGarage.com

Comment

Working...
                              X