Opera Browser

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera Browser

Does anyone know anything about Opera as a browser. I am told that it very secure and works well. Anyone have any knowledge of this??

Re: Opera Browser

Opera has been around a long time. I've used it and like it as good or better than all the others. Seems I remember it being developed as the first browser to help those with disabilities. (Easy to enlarge the page in the bottom right, etc.)

And Chrome stole alot of design from them in my opinion.

I know NOTHING of the security in comparison to others though.

J.C.

Comment

I have used it several times. I'm not really sure why I went back to Firefox. It's probably every bit as user friendly as the others, just not as popular.

I'm sure I'll try it out again in the future.
      Frequently asked questions about pumps and tanks.

Comment

I don't think there's anything special about Opera's software design that makes it more secure. Since it has a tiny market share in comparison to the other browsers, there have been no efforts made to find exploits in the code since such a small fraction of people are using it. Hackers trying to do bad things to computers won't bother with the effort to find security flaws that will have a potential of working on 2% of internet users, as opposed to IE or Firefox that make up the largest user bases.

Otherwise, Opera is a perfectly fine browser. If I wasn't happy with Firefox or Chrome, I'd be using it.

Comment

Working...
        X